(Topic ID: 318945)

Gottlieb Paul Bunyan - Issues starting a new game and more!

By ibis

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by ibis
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ibis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Several issues with this game.

1 - Starting a game can be hit or miss, seems like if you don't manually reset the bank of switch stacks under the playfield or in the cabinet, it won't give you a game. Someone tied the reset coil under the playfield to the reset bank in the cab. They left the original gray wire from the reset coil EOS switch under the playfield hanging for some reason.

2 - If the games turned off and turned back on, it continues the last game, in other words turning the game off on ball 3 will start the game with ball 4.

3 - The A light/scoring works fine, but if the B or C is activated it goes into a lengthy scoring fit while activating the kickoff hole coil. Both rollover and stand-up t target switched have been inspected and cleaned/gapped with no obvious issues.

Hopefully this is all related but I do not yet have a schematic, will have to order one. Nothing seems out of the ordinary except the fact that the two reset coils were tied together. I can post pics, I know its sometimes difficult to describe whats going on, just let me know what you want to see if that would help!

#4 1 year ago

Howard, shouldn’t the two reset banks reset too? Neither bank is reseting.

#5 1 year ago

The R hold relay is engaged

#6 1 year ago

Bonzo, that makes perfect sense

#8 1 year ago

Yes, checked all fuses and they are reading good

#9 1 year ago

Going to check the coil to see if it’s open

#10 1 year ago

Coil is reading 21 ohms

#11 1 year ago

So a little more information.

Found a closed switch on the cabinet motor wheel, re-gapped it and for whatever reason I have both reset banks resetting on start-up.

The white/black wire from the lower cabinet reset bank coil was jumped to the playfield reset bank coil with a jumper wire. Removed the wire and reattached the gray wire that was dangling. When the A or B targets are closed everything seems to work. When C target is closed the C1 rollover/target relay activates and then the D3 sequence relay is activated on reset bank, then it goes into a continuous reset and scoring, as well as activating the two kick-out holes.

I reattached the gray wire, removed the jumper, and it gives me the same result when the C target is closed. Something is crossed for sure, just not sure where to look sans a wiring diagram.

#13 1 year ago

Thanks Howard, it needed to be ordered anyway. Just called Steve.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ibis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-paul-bunyan-issues-starting-a-new-game-and-more?tu=ibis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.