Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MVIMG_20180319_125356~2 (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20180319_125406~2 (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20180319_132509~2 (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20180319_125414~2 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

I just got my Paradise up and fully running. One of the last things that I had to repair was the 100x scoring on the rotary target holes. While testing this with the glass off, I realized that the "A-B-C-D-100x" sequence controlled by the advance unit does not reset between balls. This means that a player in a 2-player game can set the game up for a big payout and lose his ball only to have the other player collect the big payout. That makes for cool 2-player game play, but I then noticed that the sequence is not reset even when starting a new game. I went through the game schematics and sure enough, it appears that this is the way it is meant to be. You can see what I'm talking about in this video; the player starts ball one with the A, B and C holes already lit for 10x and only needs D to light the 100x score.

I suppose this doesn't bother me, but all of my games seem to end up being used in a tournament sooner or later. It seems like this is not a good feature to have on a tournament game for fairness sake. I suppose that a switch could be added to the reset relay to pull in the "reset advance unit" relay when a game is started. Anyone done a mod like this before? Oh well, for now I just won't use this game in tournaments!

#2 7 years ago

I restored one for a friend a few y\ears back.
And noticed it would only step up in point values when you got the targets, and rollovers, and saucers in the right order.
It was the first pin I have noticed that on.

#3 7 years ago

Bally Rocket III has a long sequence to get through and it leaves it intact between games too. That probably makes it more enticing for whoever drops the next quarter.

/Mark

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

That probably makes it more enticing for whoever drops the next quarter.

Yeah that makes sense. I'll leave it as is; it will be more fun to play this way. If I ever go to use it in a tournament, it would be easy enough to add a relay to reset the sequence when player one pushes start. I could even add a jumper to switch back and forth.

1 year later
#5 6 years ago

A little necro threading but seems the appropriate thread. Anyone know the part name I need to replace the score reel slots holders? Just got a fab restore from a fellow pinsider but those slot things disintegrated during travel. Also dumb question but I don't see an on/off switch anywhere, the start button turns it on but is the off just pulling the power plug from the socket?

MVIMG_20180319_125414~2 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20180319_125414~2 (resized).jpg

MVIMG_20180319_132509~2 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20180319_132509~2 (resized).jpg

MVIMG_20180319_125406~2 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20180319_125406~2 (resized).jpg

MVIMG_20180319_125356~2 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20180319_125356~2 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-paradise-rules-and-tech and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.