Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by wayner
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HHmbfulbl1.jpg
    DSC02683.JPG
    RU.jpg
    Futura Bold.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-13 at 4.08.00 PM.png
    label sample for relays etc.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccotenj.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago

if anyone could scan these and get them on peter's site, that would be even better...

#4 9 years ago

yea, i knew which ones you were talking about... those are the ones that are always missing and i'd like to be able to reproduce them as needed...

if we can get them scanned, i'll figure out a way to host them if peter doesn't want to...

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from leckmeck:

It's nice when they have already fallen off, that way they don't interfere with cleaning. Otherwise, they get stained by the black crud produced by the metal polish. Sometimes I've had to scrape them off so I could get the metal looking new again. I think next time I'll dab some nail polish over the top to protect them.

yea, true dat... not only do they get stained, but i tend to wash them off entirely...

i like the nail polish idea... i'm gonna try that... just plain clear polish? my wife has gotta have some of that somewhere in the million bottles of nail polish she has....

#8 9 years ago

cool, thanks!

#10 9 years ago

nope, and i have tried...

#22 9 years ago

^^^

agreed on the tinted covers... they are aged just enough so that plain white card stock looks pretty close to the right color when you use one of the covers... i cut a few down for the "replay score" side, since the smaller ones i got were clear...

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from leckmeck:

The cards maintained by Inkochnito on his site use Futura for Gottlieb's score and instruction cards. To my eyes, this label looks like it might be using Futura Bold. The soft edges are the result of the ink spreading into the fiber of the paper stock.

Futura Bold.png 112 KB

i messed with one of peter's gottlieb cards (royal guard, in this case) for hours on end trying to get the font/spacing just right, to no avail... however, i am not real good at that type of thing... so it is possible that i just wasn't hitting the right combination... i really wish we could, because i can live with the color of the paper being a bit off (although we should be able to figure out rgb coordinates for the background color), but the font/spacing being off sticks in my craw for some reason...

there's gotta be a way to take a "known good scan" and lift the character set... i just don't know enough about image processing to know how to do it...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccotenj.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-paper-labels-from-the-70s?tu=ccotenj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.