(Topic ID: 15732)

Gottlieb package deal - what would you pay?

By fusion301

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by EMPins
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

What would you pay for a 3 game package deal, Joker Poker, Count Down, Totem - for all three games, games are all in nice decent cosmetic shape, minimal wear but bumps and bruises- need to be shopped out and gone over, games seem to be complete but will not be testing them or turning them on etc. Just taking them as is.

I hate these types of posts but this is a tough call. If I break the ice here maybe possible for plenty more games from the same guy.

#2 11 years ago

These are SS versions - forgot that

#3 11 years ago

I'm guessing between $600-950 for the lot, I'm assuming the boards will be repairable.

#4 11 years ago

yeh boards should be repairable

#5 11 years ago

I'd like to own a Countdown someday--let me know if it's available separately!

As for total price--were they stored in a relatively safe environment? Could be as little as $500 for all 3 if not working. If they work and are in decent shape, easily twice that much or more. Personally, I don't mind some cabinet dins if the pf is in decent playable shape (say, 8 or more) and backglass isn't blown out.

#6 11 years ago

Joker Poker was manufactured as an EM as well as a SS.
I have both a SS JP and a Count-Down and love them both.

CD is so simple, rules wise, yet so addictive. 16 drop targets.
JP 15 drops.

I have repaired dozens of Gottlieb System 1's. The MPU/CPU PCB is a piece of shit but can be repaired. They suffer from corroision and battery acid on the fingers, tracks and components.

The harness contacts, many, many need to be replaced.
The Driver PCB is easily repairable. The Power Supply is also repairable but is a pain to dis- reassemble due to the 5VDC pass transistor.
See this thread for my way of dealing with repairing the 5 VDC pass transistor.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-1-power-supply-mod#post-235628

Rottendog sells replacement PS, Others sell replacement Driver PCBs.
The king however is the Pascal Janin MPU/CPU PCB or His all-in-one PCB.

Once you have the Pins all fixed mechanically, harness etc, the Pascal PCBs make the Gottlieb System 1s Rock Solid.

Of Course get the Clay System 1 guide for all you need to know about these Pins.

If the price is right I would grab them. Do you know what the guy is asking for them?

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

StevenP, where are you located?
I have a CD for sale if your interested.

#8 11 years ago

1200-1500

#9 11 years ago

Good advice pdman, I think I may leave Totem out of the deal for now and work on the countdown and the Joker Poker combo - If JP looks like a pain in the ass to fix I was already thinking pascal boards - so if I can be into that all up and running shopped for around 800 I would probably be ok with that price.

#10 11 years ago

For old simple Pins, everyone enjoys them. Do you have a price that the guy wants?

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

As for total price--were they stored in a relatively safe environment? Could be as little as $500 for all 3 if not working. If they work and are in decent shape, easily twice that much or more. Personally, I don't mind some cabinet dins if the pf is in decent playable shape (say, 8 or more) and backglass isn't blown out.

Jim Palson has several for sale.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ajax, ON
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-package-deal-what-would-you-pay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.