(Topic ID: 275133)

Gottlieb Outer Space game not ending

By Budski

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).png
    Capture (resized).png

#1 3 years ago

I've been working on a Gottlieb Outer Space and cannot get through the issue with the game not ending. It has the same symptom on 3 or 5 ball. It steps through all the balls like it should and shows the correct ball count. Sometimes the double bonus lights when the last ball is played and sometimes it does not, but it always spits out an extra ball and also the scoring reel adds points. Then when that ball drains it will not show what ball is in play until the ball stepper comes around to the 1 ball again. It continues to play? I've cleaned and gapped the "O" relay and it didn't make a difference.
    Thank you in advance for guiding me to the area I should be looking at.

#2 3 years ago

It sounds like the last ball relay isn’t latching in when the ball trips the trough switch and lands in the shooter lane on last ball.

#3 3 years ago

Check the circled switches that lead into the Game Over relay (QB).

Capture (resized).pngCapture (resized).png

#4 3 years ago

Thanks guys for the direction of where to look. I'll check it out.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from currieddog:

Check the circled switches that lead into the Game Over relay (QB).
    [quoted image]

I tried what you suggested but it is still doing the samething but intermittently. Looks like the XB is not pulling in all the time. I also noticed the double bonus does not pull in on the first player when you play a 2 player game but the 2nd does get the double bonus. Very frustrating when its an intermittent problem. Any other suggestions to narrow down on?

#6 3 years ago

What are the Last Ball (XB) relay and Game Over (QB) relay doing when all this happens?

For help with your Double-Bonus problem, Reply sent in private message.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from HowardR:

What are the Last Ball (XB) relay and Game Over (QB) relay doing when all this happens?
    For help with your Double-Bonus problem, Reply sent in private message.

They both reset at the beginning and the when it does work the XB triggers and the QB right after the XB. Since it is an intermittent problem I've gone through the relays and switches twice. The motor switches are hard to see but I cleaned and gapped the 1B motor switch.

#8 3 years ago

Check this circuit, esp. score motor sw. 1C & 2C, O, and the make/break on P2A.

Capture (resized).pngCapture (resized).png

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-outer-space-game-not-ending and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.