Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Going to go look at a Gottlieb Out of Sight, I cannot find much about it online other then it didn't have a high production number. I have not seen photos, current owner has owned it since 1979, and says its in like new condition. It does not play currently, he said if he turns the main motor inside it will start a game but as soon as it tries to add score it stops working. Its been sitting for a while unused. Thanks for any guidance!

#2 6 years ago

I've seen this title any where from $400 to $1200 based on condition. That's a big spread and not much help but it's a thought.
-Mike

#3 6 years ago

What's the seller asking for it? Hard to say what it's worth without seeing any pics. Non-working condition 300-400

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

What's the seller asking for it? Hard to say what it's worth without seeing any pics. Non-working condition 300-400

No asking price bc he said he has no idea what they are going for. It’s close enough I’m going to go look at it. Hey bought it for their camp in ‘79 for their kids so it’s had less use then if At a Home.

#5 6 years ago

I bought one not to long ago, nice playfield, backglass was a 5. Paid $200 for it.

#6 6 years ago

Thanks all for the quick responses! They have helped to give me an idea on price. Thanks again.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from cjs001:

it’s had less use then if At a Home

Wouldn't necessarily assume that is a benefit. Especially with an EM. What it does mean is that it was likely not maintained properly at all and might have even been somewhere where there wasn't HVAC for a good chunk of the year, especially in winter. =P Home users that own games that long tend to get bored of them too, even if they just keep it around for sentimentality or whatever, whereas at a camp, you've got fresh goobers year after year that will pound away at it...

#8 6 years ago

Well saw it, playfield beautiful and body nice. Backglass was soooo far gone I wasn’t comfortable at buying it.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I bought one not to long ago, nice playfield, backglass was a 5. Paid $200 for it.

out of curiosity was it working?

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from cjs001:

out of curiosity was it working?

for the most part, yes. Needed a lot of tweeking tho.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-out-of-sight-value and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.