Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 49 days ago by shemp2000
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Fast Draw ball return (resized).jpg
    Jungle ball return (resized).jpg
    InkedIMG_4779_LI (resized).jpg
    IMG_4779 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sudsy7.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from newmantjn:

When the ball lands in the outhole, the O relay pulls in, the ball is kicked out and then, as it passes over the trough switch, the O relay is pulled in again and the ball return kicks a second time.

It could be that you think it rekicks because of the trough switch, but it could be unrelated to it. This could be the problem (this is the same advice I posted for another post recently - I've seen it happen numerous times):
    Check the ball kicker for "mushrooming" and then take a file to it. When the kicker blade gets shroomed, it can catch the plastic switch arm and close the outhole switch as the kicker arm returns back to it's resting position. That of course re-energizes the O relay which will re-fire the kicker.

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from newmantjn:

We tested it without a ball.

Yeah, my point is moot if the game is designed to do this. I'm really surprised Gottlieb even did this. Yes, it might have saved a couple of bucks, but not worth it if it makes your product look like it has a mechanical flaw right from the factory. At least it didn't take them too long to see the error of their design.

Quoted from JudeRussell:

I wonder if there might be some benefit in terms of a ball not making it all the way to the shooter, kind of a belt and suspenders thing.

I don't see the benefit. A "normal" Gottlieb game will re-kick the ball for eternity until it successfully gets over the trough incline.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sudsy7.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-orbit-ball-return-double-tap-?tu=sudsy7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.