Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 51 days ago by shemp2000
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Fast Draw ball return (resized).jpg
    Jungle ball return (resized).jpg
    InkedIMG_4779_LI (resized).jpg
    IMG_4779 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newmantjn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I'm working on a Orbit and having some trouble with the ball return.

When the ball lands in the outhole, the O relay pulls in, the ball is kicked out and then, as it passes over the trough switch, the O relay is pulled in again and the ball return kicks a second time.

I can't believe that this is correct, but I'm at a loss where to look at this point. Checked all the switches in the O relay and motor 2b, 1c and 4c. I'd be willing to quadruple check if you have a strong opinion on the matter. I've also blocked off the NO "P" switch at about 3E on the schematic. That fixed the double tap, but then the player unit would not advance.

IMG_4779 (resized).jpgIMG_4779 (resized).jpg
    #4 3 years ago
    Quoted from frenchmarky:

If you do it manually, i.e. where you activate the outhole switch with your finger and let the kicker fire, then activate the trough switch with your finger, do you get the same result where O relay pulls in again right when you activate the trough switch?

Yes. That was how we first noted the behavior

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from MarkG:

Coincidentally a similar question just came up about Jungle:

OK, it looks like it is still an open issue. We are about to the point of declaring it a "feature".

I had this on a Magnotron recently as well and finally punted.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from frenchmarky:

Hmm how about do the same manual method, you activate outhole switch...but then you disconnect the motor and then activate the trough switch. Does O activate then too?

There is no service jack on this one, so I would need to desolder the motor. This will likely have to wait until the next time that I see the game, which will be Monday.

Looking at the schematic, per the markup below, I am quite sure that the O will fire. The trough switch pulls in the P. The P closes the NO switch and then the O will fire.

InkedIMG_4779_LI (resized).jpgInkedIMG_4779_LI (resized).jpg
    #24 2 years ago
    Quoted from sudsy7:

It could be that you think it rekicks because of the trough switch, but it could be unrelated to it.

We tested it without a ball.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newmantjn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-orbit-ball-return-double-tap-?tu=newmantjn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.