• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by kimo5321
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Hi everyone,

I have a scoring issue with my pin. I believe it’s in the scoring motor or the 1 and 10 point relay (less likely). The issue is that when the 5 or the 50 pt relay is tripped, the scoring motor is supposed to pulse 5 times to get multiple of 5. Issue is that I rarely get even 1 point from the 5 pulses of the 1 unit (5 pts) and usually between 3-5 pulses from the 50 point relay. It feels like it’s pulsing the 1 point really fast, or “not enough” to register an activation.

If I manually articulate the 1 or the 5 scoring relay, it will register as normal.

I expect it’s one of the score motor contacts not gapped properly, but don’t want to mess it up any. I believe it’s 2B(?) from the schematics, and based on a previous similar issue in the thread below, I believe I have the same issue, but aren’t exactly sure it’s that, Or how to properly gap less “tight”. Suggestions?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-big-top-scoring-problem-#post-6655870

#2 2 years ago

The 2B normally closed switch is used in the hold circuits for the 5&50 point relays. If dirty or not adjusted correctly the relays will release prematurely giving random scores.
The other switches to check are the 1A switches are cleaned and gapped correctly.

#3 1 year ago

Besides 2B And 1A I would also check the actuating arm isnt broken on swithch 2B which is common to break on older games. Also armature plates on the actual scoring relays wear these can also cause similar issues and are always worth servicing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-olympics-1962-5-and-50-pt-scoring-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.