• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture1 (resized).png
Capture (resized).PNG
#1 5 years ago

Having issues with the rollovers -- A, B, C, D and E -- on my Gottlieb Pioneer machine. Previously had worked perfectly.

Rolling over A, B, C and E (but not D):
• Does NOT add 100 points like it should
• Does correctly turn off associated letter lights and
• Does correctly illuminate the '500pt' star-shaped rollovers

While for the letter 'D', the opposite happens:
• Does correctly add 100 points
• Does NOT turn off the 'D' lights
• Does NOT illuminate the '500pt' star-shaped rollover

This has got to all be related, but my question is what component should I clean or tune up first? I've spent hours reading the schematic, and I'm struggling to know where to start.

Side note: the 'D' rollover somewhat regularly causes the 15amp fuse to blow. Pretty sure this is a separate issue than my main problem.

Thank you for your help.

#2 5 years ago

deleted

#3 5 years ago

Possible short at the 3/5 adj. or something in the circled areas on the 2nd clip?

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNGCapture1 (resized).pngCapture1 (resized).png
#4 5 years ago

I will look at the 3-5 ball adj. and check for shorts.

I'm not sure I follow your thinking on the other section of the schematic. This portion shows relays that happen to be labeled A, B, C, D and E, but these aren't the same as the malfunctioning rollovers "A" - "E", right?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Lincoln:

This portion shows relays that happen to be labeled A, B, C, D and E, but these aren't the same as the malfunctioning rollovers "A" - "E", right?

They are and lead into M, the 100s relay, but note that D has a different feed than the others.

#6 5 years ago

I just noticed that you have two threads going about this. This one should probably be deleted.

#7 5 years ago

Yes... two threads.... Sorry. I thought this one had been deleted.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-not-scoring-100-points?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.