New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 247910)

Gottlieb Neptune - Ball count unit problems

By the96stang

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jrpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I have a gottlieb Neptune that's making me pull my hair out. When I got it home it played fine, but now it won't start a game. Here's what I know.

The game was set on "free play " by removing the start button and making it so that by pushing the coin reject it simulates dropping a quarter in.

Upon dropping a quarter everything resets the ball count unit coil pulses over and over and it never kicks out a ball. As soon as the hold relay on ax is tripped all pulsing stops.

I have the schematics, but I'm definitely not the strongest at reading electro mechanical schematics.

#2 1 year ago

Hard to say without a schematic. It sounds like the game sees the ball in the Outhole and fires up the Outhole sequence (kick, add ball count, etc.) but the kick doesn't happen. At the end of the Score Motor cycle, it sees the ball in the Outhole and repeats the sequence.

Does the Ball Return relay fire when the ball is in the Outhole? It could be that either that relay doesn't fire, or the switch on that relay that should fire the Outhole Kicker isn't.

/Mark

#3 1 year ago

I had a similar issue with a similar game recently. Make sure the unit that counts the WOW extra balls decrements fully, and the switches on the back side of that unit open or close when in "home" or off "home" position (controlled by pin mounted on stepper unit ratchet gear).
The regular 1-5 ball count unit registers "5" (it's an add-a-ball, so it counts down) only after the outhole kicker sends the ball over the ramp switch under the card tray.
My "Lucky Hand" was doing the same thing, and it turned out to be misadjusted switches on the upper (WOW) unit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
-, MI
Tools
PinDoc Restorations
$ 40.00
Electronics
Docent Electronics
£ 50.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 139.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
$ 10.00
Tools
Granby Games
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 269.00
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 15.00
Apparel - Unisex
Silverball Swag
Cabinet - Toppers
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 219.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 115.00
Playfield - Other
Great American Pinball
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside