(Topic ID: 219779)

gottlieb mustang

By willie0912

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I have a very strange problem with a mustang. I am pretty good at fixing em's but this one has me baffled. It will intermittently stop playing as if tilted. It does not matter which ball you are playing it stops at different balls. Also it will not reset the hundreds at the start of games intermittently. Now the strange part. If you take the top screw out of the players unit in the backbox and lower it down the game plays fine.I am thinking maybe a broken wire? Any ideas anyone. Thanks Bill

#2 5 years ago

Tug on all the wires to the switch stacks on the player unit. Might be where the plating has broken away from the blade where the wire is still soldered to the plating.

Check all the slam switches (head and bottom board) if they open, it will game over.

#3 5 years ago

thanks i'll give that a try,it sounds reasonable

#4 5 years ago

I had a similar problem with my PokerFace. Once every 10 games or so, it would just shut off with no tilt light. Press the start button and everything would run fine. It turned out to be the Lock relay wasn't quite set correctly. I narrowed the gap on the NO switches a little and it haven't failed since.

I think the shaking of the game or the motor starting and stopping to score 5k would be enough to break the lock connection. Pressing the start button would re-engage.

Note: Try mine last. I suspect the loose/broken wire issue is the most likely issue. Also double check the Jone's plugs, I've had a loose/broken solder joints there.

#5 5 years ago

Reply sent in private message

#6 5 years ago

found a couple solder joints cracked and re flowed them. Seems to have solved the problem. Thanks every one for your inputs.Bill

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-mustang and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.