6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Cherga
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cherga.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I have a Monte Carlo that doesn’t register numbers 1 and 6 when the roulette wheel spins, it just times out eventually. Accessing it from the top and pressing on the switches doesn’t register either. Any ideas what to try? Thanks

#3 6 years ago

Yes, all the other switches you mentioned are working...

#6 6 years ago

Thanks for the help. After performing the switch test, all roulette wheel switches showed closed. Manually depressing them yielded the same results I mentioned above with the addition of number 5. Under the playfield I found a broken wire and a bad solder joint on the left side of the wheel. Resoldered both and 1 and 6 now work. I reflowed all the visible solder joints on the wheel just because they all looked a little sketchy. I messed around with the number 5 switch from the top of the playfield and was able to get it to respond once. I suspect I’ll have to remove the wheel to continue troubleshooting.

How difficult is it to remove the wheel? Visibly, it seems like an ambitious effort. This machine must have been in a bar for years as when I got it, it was covered with nicotine. The wiring feels brittle and is covered in nicotine and I’m concerned that removing the wheel will result in more problems than the number 5 not working. Thoughts on the removal process?

#10 6 years ago

Thanks all. Yes, I have the manual and will take a look at the exploded view. When I have a few hours to burn, I may jump in and give it a go and will report back on progress.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Las Vegas, NV

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cherga.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-monte-carlo-roulette-wheel-help-needed?tu=Cherga and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.