(Topic ID: 143524)

Gottlieb Monte Carlo resetting. Need Advice.

By GLSP3022

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by GLSP3022
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Friend of mine snagged a Gottlieb sys 80b Monte Carlo dirt cheap. He played before purchasing and said all was great. He drove it home, literally three blocks and it was dead except for GI. Every now and the he says it will boot and allow a partial ball and then reset and go blank.
What we've tried: installed a new switching 5v Power supply, did the cabinet grounding mod on the transformer case, and we've re-seated all the board connectors. Also tried disconnecting the reset board. All ROMs and piggy back board are tight.

When the machine is kicked on right now it's constantly beeping and resetting. Display flashes on and off when resetting. Once in awhile you can play a ball, then "beep" game rests over and over again.
Any other ideas??? Thanks!!

Keep in mind I'm about 100 miles from the machine, so I need ideas to check once I journey back.

#2 8 years ago

Try pressing on the little daughter card when you power on the game. If it boots and keeps playing with pressure on it, you have cold solder joints for that board. It's a PITA, and if you're not good at board work, it's recommended you send it out for repair.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from Scotty78:

Try pressing on the little daughter card when you power on the game. If it boots and keeps playing with pressure on it, you have cold solder joints for that board. It's a PITA, and if you're not good at board work, it's recommended you send it out for repair.

Or if this guy gets off his lazy butt, finalizes a design and makes some boards available, there'd be another way:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alternative-gottlieb-sys80b-piggyback-fix-plug-and-play-interest-check

#4 8 years ago

Thank you, was actually suspecting that little board might be causing issues. Will look into that for sure. I have reflowed solder on many boards.

#5 8 years ago

I Like your device acebathound. Hope it bacomes available

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Las Vegas, NV
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-monte-carlo-resetting-need-advice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.