(Topic ID: 227698)

Gottlieb Monte Carlo Just beeps

By nitroman28

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1824 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1822 (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

I was checking some lights when i guess i bumped something and it just started beeping and flashing the lights. Turned it off and back on and that's all it does now. Led on the sound board doesn't come on any more.Here's a quick video of what its doing. Had the volume down so you cant hear the beep. but it goes with the lights. Any idea of what could have happened? Guessing i grounded something off for a sec.

#2 5 years ago

Disconnect the playfield switches connector A1J6 and try again.

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from Inkochnito:

Disconnect the playfield switches connector A1J6 and try again.

Disconnected A1J6 still beeps and flashes. Relay Q & T are the ones opening and closing. Game Over and Tilt relay. The light I believe that touched the ground is the big light under the plastic ramp on the right side. it was out of it's hole when I reached in for another light I think I bumped the Grey and orange wire to ground. Light still has voltage and flashes. What ever it was it was instant.

IMG_1822 (resized).jpgIMG_1822 (resized).jpgIMG_1824 (resized).jpgIMG_1824 (resized).jpg
    #4 5 years ago

I have no idea. I followed the schematic and checked everything i can check or know how to check. As soon as you hit the power switch it starts beeping and clicking. Doesn't seem to have time to even get to the mpu to boot.

#5 5 years ago

Is the reset board still attached?
    If yes, disconnect it.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from Inkochnito:

Is the reset board still attached?
    If yes, disconnect it.

It had one but when this started I removed it. But no help. It appears it's over my head. I would just buy a replacement 80B MPU Board but thats easier said then done.

#7 5 years ago

Maybe MarAlb (https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/maralb) can shine a light on this problem.
    I think you may have shorted to the switch matrix, taking out a RIOT chip in the proces, but I'm not sure.

Peter

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-monte-carlo-just-beeps and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.