Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

NCM_0251.JPG
1osxz4.jpg
NCM_0405.JPG
#1 9 years ago

Does anyone out there have the Mini Cycle ?NCM_0405.JPGNCM_0405.JPG

#2 9 years ago

Yes, but I can't get it to start a game. Hope to get to it sometime in the next few weeks.

#3 9 years ago

The cabnit is rough. I picked it up at a good price. I was going to
Remove the relay logic an replace it with a plc. Until I found there
Were only 885 made then I made it a restore project.

#4 9 years ago

that IMO was the worst theme gottlieb did

#5 9 years ago

I kind of like it. Well now anyway. I never really had a problem with the theme but always read it was a terrible game. My wife and I were at Tom Taylor's place quite a few years ago. We were standing next to his Mini Cycle talking with another well known mega collector. He said, hey you guys should try this one. I was surprised. Mini Cycle? I always heard it was a terrible player. He said oh no it's a great game actually. So we both played it and did enjoy it's unique layout. Changed my opinion of the game but also to take everything you read regarding pinball with a grain of salt.

#6 9 years ago

That's funny. I bought it BECAUSE of the theme!! I grew up on mini bikes/bultacos! I love the theme.

The gameplay, on the other hand, leaves something to be desired....I found it at its best with the back legs raised way up.

#7 9 years ago

it isn't the worst playing game just the theme and art is so plain.
it was a game that my best friend had in his basement growing up and I played it a lot.
of all the titles gottlieb made during the early 70's this one IMO just did not fit with the others, kinda out in left field.
if complete I would of saved it also. from the pics it doesn't look to bad

#8 9 years ago

I'm looking at the history an the fact I just love playing it does not matter
Witch game. My grandson is 3.5 an he has fun playing . I want the kids to
Know where gaming started from.

#9 9 years ago

I like it !!

I would love to add this title to my collection. I do imagine they are very hard to find.

Good luck with the resto.

Brian

#10 9 years ago

Great theme IMO

#11 9 years ago

After all these years seeing some rare pins on Pinside this one is different, along with its theme.

#12 9 years ago

It's a great theme! My main hobbies are:

Pinball
Classic Cars

and..........Minibikes!

This pinball machine has been discussed before on the minibike forums I belong to.

Here's one of my old school minibikes. A restored Ruttman Spyder "Long Frame" with a 5HP Tecumseh. Manufactured in Dearborn Hts. Michigan.

1osxz4.jpg1osxz4.jpg

#13 9 years ago

Hey Gatecrasher thats a nice looking mini have not seen one of those
In a long time. My other hobby has for wheels.NCM_0251.JPGNCM_0251.JPG

#14 9 years ago

We have a Mini Cycle and it plays fine.

#15 9 years ago

I am just getting started on mine. Its been barn kept till i bought it. Playing wise i think all it needs is cleaned an adjusted. But the cab was sanded an painted white the art is gone.

1 week later
#16 9 years ago

Ok after hours of cleaning an adjusting contacts. Polishing play field
I have got my mini cycle working. Except the credit unit. Unlike some I enjoyed
Playing this simple game. I am looking for one suggestion. What is the
Best way to get more power on the flippers?

#17 9 years ago

put a yellow or orange dot coil in it

#18 9 years ago

Just placed a nice working Mini Cycle in the Market today. Listing for a friend - $500 - located in central Illinois.

PM for pics or more info.

6 months later
#19 8 years ago

OK - So I'm thinking of selling mine - it has planking, the vari-target doesn't score more than 50 points, and she's tempermental - if you don't play with her at least three times a week, she will need at least three or four games to start working correctly. (She will score on player two instead of player one, and will start a game without zeroing out the score reels.) She also has a problem kicking out the ball to the shooter.

On the plus side - the backglass is in great shape. I have cleaned and waxed her, along with a new ball. I am in central Illinois, local pickup preferred. I can send pictures when I get back home on Sept. 19. I need to thin the herd if the offers are right.

Thanks

Bill C

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-mini-cycle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.