Topic Stats

• 131 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by reppie
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 20 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC_4382.jpg
P1010038.JPG
P1010037.JPG
mermaid4.jpg
Mermaid1.jpg
Mermaid 22(G)51.jpg
DSC_4384.JPG
DSC_4378.JPG
_whogivesatruck.JPG
MrPPS.jpeg
image-17.jpg
image-5.jpg
SadMermaid.jpg
Love Connection 1998 Pic 7.jpg
IMG_2199.JPG
$(KGrHqRHJE0E92LQ0jy7BPmWYKwpzg~~60_57.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waltrr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 4 years ago

Yup, do some research, you are correct, $1000 is too cheap. Mermaid is the Holy Grail of woodrails and I'd love to have it in my woodrail collection. Most have trashed playfields and in rough shape, but still worth a big buck. I have a new playfield just waiting for the right machine to come along, please keep me posted as to what he wants for it. I'm interested

Thanks,
Walt

#92 4 years ago

Look what I just found in my closet. IMG_2199.JPG

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I smell a big payday!!

Not really, I'm a collector, not a seller, but I do want to add one to my collection.

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Time to open negotiations, sounds like....though personally I would not have played my ace in the hole right out of the gate...

I actually posted that I have a playfield back on the 7th post.
My thoughts are a different perspective... maybe the owner would like to see it come back to life instead of it just collecting dust somewhere. Knowing that I might be able to and one of the few that can actually do it might speak for something. Maybe... I hope... Or.... maybe I'm wrong and it's just about the money.

#98 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I wish the original poster would let us know the status of the game. Rumor has it, it was sold to the Silverball Museum. Would Mr. Swillie care to give an update?

Dang it,
you are correct, I've just been notified it has been sold to the Silverball.
My playfield goes back into hibernation again

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

That's a repo pf, correct? Just wondering.

Yes it is, it's one of the 12 that were made about 8+ years ago.

#107 4 years ago

You guys are just going to love this!!
Sitting down......

I'm fairly persistent when I want something and don't give up that easily. I now have the full story on this Mermaid and I'd love to share. I know a few of you also want to know.

I spoke to the real owner of this machine yesterday and .... THIS MERMAID DOESN'T EXIST!!! Never did!!!
It's a 1970 Gottlieb Scuba 2 player. It has Mermaids on the Backglass and also on the playfield.
It's still for sale and I do have the contact info from the owner if anyone's looking for one.

Now go back and read through the BS that was previously posted on this and you won't believe what you're reading. I'll let you draw your own conclusions. I've learned a lot and who to trust from this experience, a real eye opener.
This machine won't be headed to the Silverball and if they end up with a Mermaid, it won't be from this owner.
I'm guessing the person who started this post might chime in too.

And my playfield still will wait for another machine in need. I'm in no hurry

#116 4 years ago

seems like we may be talking two totally different machines and selling/buying/expert parties involved.

Quoted from pinwiztom:

me too
first point of confusion was initial post stating that value estimate by an "expert" was $1000;
then 2nd point
later clay says he saw photos of a Mermaid pin with thrashed worn to bare wood playfield
and he cautiously only offered $500.
seems like we may be talking two totally different machines and selling/buying/expert parties involved.

Nope, one seller, one machine, (Stans and won't post his last name, he's not a pinhead), a machine that was only presumed to be a Mermaid and multiple buyers.

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from Boatcat:

Well..............Clay did state that he, "Speculated," Rob bought it, (post #73). It appears to me Clay wasn't being dishonest in any way. Probably just incorrect if anything.
Ron Webb isn't big on posting in any forum, (despite his knowledge of pinball and the hobby), and I too, have recently seen a post from him for a Mermaid playfield. Having met, getting to know, and having worked with both Ron and Rob personally, I would say Rob must have a Mermaid.

Look at the dates, Ron posted he was looking for a playfield on the 7th on RGP and this post wasen't even started until the 9th. This has nothing to do with Ron.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 142.00
Boards
nvram.weebly.com
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 27.95
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 115.00
Playfield - Other
Great American Pinball
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
£ 75.00
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
Lighting - Interactive
TheDudeMods
$ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waltrr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside