_whogivesatruck.JPG
MrPPS.jpeg
image-17.jpg
image-5.jpg
SadMermaid.jpg
Love Connection 1998 Pic 7.jpg
IMG_2199.JPG
$(KGrHqRHJE0E92LQ0jy7BPmWYKwpzg~~60_57.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 9 years ago

Very highly desired game but I just don't get the love for this game.

Guess it's the mechanical action in the backbox and that it had a way lower production number than Knock Out.

But over 5k for sure.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

You are correct. I put the owner in contact with Clay, who obviously knows this machine very well. However, this is who gave him the estimate, sight unseen. To be honest it angered me when I heard this. I know it is impossible to value a pin without seeing it, but this one seems to be one of those exceptions to that rule. Maybe there is a conflict of interest there, as Clay might likely be interested in this pin himself. I don't know, it is not mine so not my decision in the end what he decides to do. I don't know Clay personally but suggested him because he is in our area and comes well recommended and knows this machine. At this point I don't know what to think, other than he should get it fixed and see who has an interest out there, maybe place it in the pinside marketplace and see what the interest is so that he can do well and someone who does not have one of these and really wants one can finally own one at a fair arrangement for both parties.

Well, if true that is a shame as it could never be valued that low.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from Bribo13:

IMO the game is overrated , overpriced and actually not a lot of fun to play. It looks cool and the fisherman is neat but there are so many Woodys that have much better game play than the Mermaid does.
And before someone cracks wise, I have hundreds of games played on this title and have access to one to play at my leisure so I feel I speak from an informed position. but you know what they say, one mans garbage is another mans gold....
Don't get me wrong if I ran into one for cheap I would buy it, but to me this is a look at what I have kind of game than one you buy for it's exceptional game play.
GLWS
Brian

This game does seem to be a 'collectors' game as in a game making a statement in a line up, much like Big Bang Bar for the SS collector.

Personally I put playability first and then hope a game has a great art package. But if a game isn't fun to play I am not interested and for me that is a reason I wouldn't buy a Knock Out.

Whereas for me my Mystic Marvel 1954 has amazing playability and looks great - one of my favorite games ever actually. Doesn't bother me at all that it hasn't got the prestige of some of the cherry titles.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-mermaid-price-check?tu=shapeshifter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.