_whogivesatruck.JPG
MrPPS.jpeg
image-17.jpg
image-5.jpg
SadMermaid.jpg
Love Connection 1998 Pic 7.jpg
IMG_2199.JPG
$(KGrHqRHJE0E92LQ0jy7BPmWYKwpzg~~60_57.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Silver_Bullet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 9 years ago

Don't believe this nonsense. Unless the game is firewood, no Mermaid is worth $500 fair market value. Clay knows this full well (and has a reputation for undervaluing games).

Quoted from cfh:

When I re did the plaYfields, that was almost 10 years ago. It took 9 of those 10 years to get rid of all 12! So the demand was/is low. I spent about $10,000 to get those 12 done. I had to buy a plane ticket to go to someone's house that had a nos playfield, and then hp4600 scan it. Then pay to have the layers made and the wood cut and screened. It was a long and expensive process. Now there's what like 2 games that we missed with the original run?
For the guy that's mad about only being offered $500 for the game. My suggestion is they should buy the game and hold it. Maybe a nos playfield will appear. Or spend $10k to make another run of fields.
Incidentally the guy bought the mermaid for $100. Pretty sure even at $500 he's doing fine.

#55 9 years ago

Yeah, it takes a real "man" with a "set" to hornswoggle people and then make childish excuses for it afterwards. You knew that machine was worth more than your estimate. Don't get mad at everybody else just because you got caught publicly.

Quoted from cfh:I'm sure to someone a beat to death mermaid is worth more than $500. but to *ME* it's only worth $500. i can't speak about other people, but to ME it's a bag of parts (that i don't need), and a hope that some day the magical playfield fairy will produce a playfield. Hey look if you think it's worth more than $500, then YOU BUY IT. That is, grow a set and step up to the plate. You think a game with 1/3 of the playfield paint gone is worth money, more power to ya. Or you can invest the $10k i invested, and you can have more playfields made. Good luck. Me i'm set, i got one with a perfect playfield, because i man'ed up and had the playfields made, after i bought a "bag of parts" Mermaid. Because i don't believe that the playfield fairy delivers.

#57 9 years ago

False equivalency. I don't have to buy a game to prove you are dishonest. The proof is all here.

1 week later
#128 9 years ago

Waiting on Clay's explanation. Where is all that bluster from a few days back?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Silver_Bullet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-mermaid-price-check?tu=Silver_Bullet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.