_whogivesatruck.JPG
MrPPS.jpeg
image-17.jpg
image-5.jpg
SadMermaid.jpg
Love Connection 1998 Pic 7.jpg
IMG_2199.JPG
$(KGrHqRHJE0E92LQ0jy7BPmWYKwpzg~~60_57.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bribo13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 8 years ago

IMO the game is overrated , overpriced and actually not a lot of fun to play. It looks cool and the fisherman is neat but there are so many Woodys that have much better game play than the Mermaid does.
And before someone cracks wise, I have hundreds of games played on this title and have access to one to play at my leisure so I feel I speak from an informed position. but you know what they say, one mans garbage is another mans gold....
Don't get me wrong if I ran into one for cheap I would buy it, but to me this is a look at what I have kind of game than one you buy for it's exceptional game play.

GLWS

Brian

#34 8 years ago

I would very much be interested in what condition the playfield is in ? this title is well known for the playfields Delaminating . even if there is little wear ( which is unlikely) the top layer is most likely trashed rendering this machine un playable.
There are no playfields available for this title anymore , the man who reproduced a few of these several years ago has none left. So no playfield for the machine makes it what ?

So who here would pay even $1000 for a machine with a trashed / un restorable playfield that is un playable. also no repo playfields available. So for a $1000 what do you have ? nothing I think a $1000 offer for this tile in this condition is to much. it really is nothing more than a parts game.

Post some pictures and show me to be wrong.

My 2c more

Brian Lenker
Ortonville MI
586-344-0721

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

A "Mermaid" in any condition is highly collectable. Many of us here would pay $1000 or more for even a trashed example. Everyone has different tastes and desires. It's the market that determines the value of anything, not just pinball machines.

Why would you say a pin that was to trashed to be played and could most likely never be brought back to life was highly collectable ? you zero chance of getting a playfield so what is the value of a machine that is nothing more than a hapless project / parts game . if you have no playfield you have no game.

Not trying to crack wise, I have respect for all peoples likes and opinions I am just trying to get educated as to the thinking . because to me a machine that is not repairable is not of much value.

I have tons of wood rail parts, it doesn't make them more valuable if the came from a mermaids or a Dancing dolls, and A back glass is easy to come by.

So if you care to help me to understand the value of The Mermaid in question ?

Thanks
Brian Lenker

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bribo13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-mermaid-price-check?tu=Bribo13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.