8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

zBuckaroo-110VAC-Work2_(resized).jpg
zBuckaroo-110VAC-Work_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Hi all. It seems the switch to start the hold for the 115V is on the coin door (which I don't want to risk around family and possibly future public operation), and also I'm unable to "light up" the game without starting a game first after the first power on, so due to both of these things I'm looking to desolder those wires and wire them to a 115V rated push button switch inside of the cabinet. This particular switch shouldn't need to be pressed on the start of each game, correct, since it's just a hold? Or I assume I can just solder two wires together if I just want it to light up once it gets power? (I could do this either by the relay or by the switch wires I would assume?)

Also, how much high voltage is present in these cabinets? My next oldest cabinets are Domino and Airport (1968 and 1969, decagon reel era), which don't have anything over 30 volts past the transformer and all holds are 30V, not 115V. Is the "115V hold relay" in this cabinet actually getting line voltage across the switches or is it something just pertaining to that? I'm used to rooting around with the power on in most of my machines and staying away from the transformer but it seems I'll have to be much more careful when rooting around inside of this machine. What exactly gets 115V besides the transformer in this era of games? Any help from the early 60's Gottlieb wizards would be appreciated, I'm unfamilar with this era of game but very familar with the next "generation" of games from the late 60's to the middle 70's (and probably late 70's), so I'm looking for a few answers on this era of pinball machine even though they share a lot of the same features it seems.

Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes
Cabinet parts
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Mon Monkey JR
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-mayfair-relocating-115v-switch-and-other-of-era-questions?tu=Otaku and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.