• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glass top pads (resized).JPG
lower glass pads (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

Restoring my Masquerade, and while installing the back glass, I noticed there was almost no mounting to support the glass in the box.
So, I made these pad supports to hold it in place.
Not sure if mech board will still fit with the wood in the slot, thoughts?

lower glass pads (resized).JPGlower glass pads (resized).JPG

glass top pads (resized).JPGglass top pads (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

Shouldn't matter with the backbix relay board latched into place. That is the standard Gottlieb design for all of the 60's and 70's EM games.

It looks like you are concerned the glass will slip down into that slot in the bottom of the head. I've never had an issue with that. I'd be more concerned that the blocks you applied will get in the way should you need to remove the backglass.

#3 7 years ago

Thanks for the reply.
I had not encountered this issue before.
The wood blocks come right out. I used them primarily to prevent the glass from slipping in to that groove.
The concern is the mech board fighting with the wood blocks
I will not be replacing the foam so I wanted the glass to sit still, and not rattle.
lots of work on this pin, but lookin good

#4 7 years ago

Yes,the blocks at the bottom will interfere with the backboard...

#5 7 years ago

If you are concerned about contact between the relay board and the rear of the backglass, I scrape the deteriorated foam from the relay board and replace it with thin felt pads. I adhere the felt pads to the relay board with double sided scotch tape. That way the glass is held in snug and won't rattle. If you take the pads out entirely and don't replace them you may be creating a rattle condition.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Yes,the blocks at the bottom will interfere with the backboard...

sure did. and was real fun reachin in there to remove them.
took them out, and all is gud! thanks.
gonna try the felt thing, thanks.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

If you are concerned about contact between the relay board and the rear of the backglass, I scrape the deteriorated foam from the relay board and replace it with thin felt pads. I adhere the felt pads to the relay board with double sided scotch tape. That way the glass is held in snug and won't rattle. If you take the pads out entirely and don't replace them you may be creating a rattle condition.

What I use is Velcro fuzzy side, comes on a big roll and has adhesive...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-masquerade-b-glass-mounting-help-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.