Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by izzy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Mike SO BG Final (resized).jpg
    vulcan alternate BG final (resized).jpg
    20210201_153823 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

Anybody know the game on the right in this pic? I can't find anything on Pinside, IPDB, or the net for a Gottlieb's Marvel. Or am I being blind or dumb not knowing the real name.

20210201_153823 (resized).jpg20210201_153823 (resized).jpg
    #2 3 years ago

Looks like Target Alpha originally.

#3 3 years ago

That's a Gottlieb "Vulcan" from 1977....with a custom backglass or trans-lite, looks like.

#4 3 years ago

The bg was done by bgresto: http://bgresto.com/?p=512.

#5 3 years ago

Thanks for the info, appreciate the help. Will let the owner know. As always, Pinside is the place to go to solve a mystery.

#6 3 years ago

Looks wonderful and has special guest star from DC comics - the Spectre (the ghost in green and white) in it.

#7 3 years ago

Interesting that Izzy did the art work for BG Resto. He is in my pinball league (or rather was since we are shut down for Covid) here in Sacramento. And today is his birthday.

#8 3 years ago

Ha...small world!

#9 3 years ago

Here's a lo-res copy of the file to check out. Did this for a friend's Vulcan.

vulcan alternate BG final (resized).jpgvulcan alternate BG final (resized).jpg
    #10 3 years ago

Cool! Did you do that in Photoshop or Illustrator?

#11 3 years ago

All my work is in Photoshop. I've tried to "learn" Illustrator, but I don't find it intuitive. Did this simple modification for the same friend.

Mike SO BG Final (resized).jpgMike SO BG Final (resized).jpg
    #12 3 years ago

Both of those are very cool... love they way you incorporate the newer art into the old, well done!

#13 3 years ago

Nicely done izzy. I'm the same as you, do all my re-draws in Photoshop as I haven't been able to learn Illustrator yet.

#14 3 years ago

Thx, both were fun projects.

#15 3 years ago

That Ren and Stimpy one is fantastic!

#16 3 years ago

thx, I got the artwork for both of the BG's from my friends (for his pinball games)comic book collection.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-marvel?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.