Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Underspin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hi all, not heading out to where my machines are until the weekend but since I won't be there very long I want to know what I have to do (I'm working on a lot of projects to get my project games up and running) and any possible things I could check. Basically, scoring 100 points is impossible, there are many switches that score this and none of them work at all (***completely silent, no relay activity inside AFAIK***) so it is a shared problem. These switches are simple and would not require a turn of the score motor or anything so I'm not sure where else to look, because:

- 500 point switches works fine, and they would pulse the 100 point relay.

- Manually actuating the 100 point relay works fine.

- Both of these things mean the coil is good (the first point) and it pulls in and out good, not stuck

Surely ALL of these switches can't be dirty, everything else on the playfield pretty much works. Any ideas? I have original factory schematics for this game but not a great ability to read them.

#2 8 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

I have original factory schematics for this game but not a great ability to read them.

You're going to have to try. Usually schematics lump all like-switches together in the same place on the schematic (I think. It's been a while since I've looked at my gtb schematics).

You should try to locate a 100 point switch or two on the schematics, and follow the wiring on the paper until you see the point where they all the other 100 point switches intersect. That'll most likely be a point of interest for you to find in your game. If it isn't a relay issue, you might just have a broken wire, or a cold solder joint someplace. If you're having trouble reading it, take a detailed picture and post it here (wait. Maybe not. Would that be a Gottlieb copyright violation?)

Anyway, If I were a betting man, I'd say your problem is staring right at you. You just haven't looked at it yet.

Good Luck!

#3 8 years ago

I believe you can post snippets of Gott schematics. but mbaumle is correct, the switches will be tied together, and tied to the transformer return "prob yellow wire"
Both the black and the yellow will connect via a jones plug to the head,
put a jumper on the yellow return line, then touch to the non black side of the 100 point coil, it shud fire.
then touch a 100 point switch, it may need to be closed but it shud fire the coil. if not, chk the connections from the play field to the head.

#4 8 years ago

Fixed. Somehow missed a tiny jones plug (6 pegs) that was wedged under the bottom board in the cabinet not once but twice during different setups. Hmph. All better!

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Fixed. Somehow missed a tiny jones plug (6 pegs) that was wedged under the bottom board in the cabinet not once but twice during different setups. Hmph. All better!

Sounds like like Xerico and a NorthStar I restored for him... "Hey the kickout holes arnt working", 3 days latter, 'duh, forgot about the pf jones plug".

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

I just sold a Magnotron and knew exactly what the problem was when I read it...because the same thing happened to me

Glad you found that little Jones plug...it's an easy one to miss.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bay Shore, NY
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-magnotron-no-100-pts-not-as-obvious-as-it-sounds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.