4D90D30C-0812-41B3-9384-44B902B9E7D0 (resized).jpeg
7D8DB355-988A-48FF-BBDE-DCA2559361B0 (resized).jpeg
D6D66FC6-0EDF-4E6F-AE18-F582FBA9F96F (resized).jpeg
4D9A1D7C-8F25-4A85-8327-8895C7F54D7B (resized).jpeg
C8DB9444-1E59-40BE-9C96-608E24B26E3E (resized).jpeg
FF8EBD80-EC5B-4E97-B66A-CA8480259198 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
CD9C3F81-FC54-4A21-B9AD-293E309DAC5F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sudsy7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#147 3 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Wade had indicated the insert colors would need to be screen colored as the correct color inserts were unavailable. From what I see it looks like he was able to source the correct color inserts.

Maybe he colored them prior to inserting them? Then he wouldn't have to change or make new screenprint films.

I always thought all the holes were drilled and routing was completed prior to silkscreening application. Interesting.

1 month later
#162 3 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Also there were differences on the cabinet art.

From the pics you've posted, I cannot tell any difference. Maybe post a side-by-side comparison for those of us that aren't that observant? It's interesting - I wonder if that's by design or maybe there was 2 different cabinet makers involved and somehow one of them unintentionally lost some of the detailing in their stencils.

#164 3 years ago

Thanks. Yeah, easy to see differences when they are side by side like that. I notice the orange horse even has a "clubfoot" on Fast Draw. I think they both look nice though - I wouldn't paint over either one if they were mine.

#166 3 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

There’s extensive repair to other sections of the cabinets necessitating paint to match. I’m also putting in new playfields so no half measures.

I can see it from your viewpoint, but I still prefer the 45-year old patina so long as there isn't major damage (and I'm also putting a new playfield in mine).

#168 3 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

The fast draw was stored a seaside in a wet seaside shed with rotted mdf.

Yeah, there isn't much of a choice but to completely renovate that one. I hope you find a blue paint that matches the original color fairly well . I know it really doesn't matter that much since you are doing the entire cabinet, but if you've seen a lot of these, they just don't look quite right if the color is off a little bit.

4 weeks later
#173 3 years ago

Funny - my first thought on that last picture was "DANGER - that woman needs to put her hair up while she is operating that router." It's been about 45 years since I was in high school wood shop, but I remember our teacher yelling at the girls every day to tie their hair up - all 2 of them. And there were also some boys that had to do it as well - ahh, those swingin' 70's. Those big bells were in style back then, too!

3 weeks later
#181 3 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Look closer, the one on the left is my original from Quick Draw.

It looks like somewhere along the line, the yellow "SPECIAL" area was touched up & modified on your original (most likely because the yellow color is easier to match than the light blue). Wouldn't even be noticeable, except when placed side by side with the new playfields. Congrats! Mine won't be here until Saturday. Knowing me, I won't start the swap until Sunday (that would be some random Sunday in the year 2022!)

#188 3 years ago
Quoted from firefighter:

Received my playfield yesterday and it was worth the wait. Will start the swap after Christmas.

Did you use Montana White "Chilli" & Montana White "Light Blue" on your cabinet refurbish?

#191 3 years ago
Quoted from firefighter:

Did you use Montana White "Chilli" & Montana White "Light Blue" on your cabinet refurbish?

Dover White is a good match to the original background. The blue hues are always the most difficult to match. I finally came up with a recipe of touch-up colors (through trial and error) that matches the original blue color fairly close, but it still isn't as close to the original as I would like it to be. I wish the pinball manufacturers would have documented their paint color codes in their drawings.

2 weeks later
#196 3 years ago
Quoted from firefighter:

Just finished my Fast Draw and it went fairly well.

How come you have so much light coming out of your outhole? (and shouldn't you be seeking immediate medical attention for it? )

#198 3 years ago
Quoted from firefighter:

The light comes from the flipper buttons.

I like it! You might want to put some red bulbs under the Special inserts - they look a little on the orange side unless that is just how it appears to the camera.

4 weeks later
#203 3 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

The clear was a bit too thin for me.

He told me that he actually screens the lacquer on the playfield just like the inks. He does 3 coats, but it does seem to be thin to me as well. I'll probably end up getting mine auto cleared as well.

10 months later
#213 2 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

I know most will opt for a 2 player but I’m leaning toward the more functionality of the Fast Draw 4p

Personally, I would always take a 4-player over a 2-player. It's more fun to compete, and the more competition, the more fun it is.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sudsy7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-licensed-reproduction-fastquick-draw-playfields?tu=sudsy7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.