• Latest reply 50 days ago by ltd73
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240303_002158 (resized).jpg
2013-09-29 13.29.35.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider way2wyrd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

So ive been working on my Captain Kidd and now i want some originalish legs.

I know that they were metal and creme white which would match the coin door so ill have to get some and paint them.

The real question is what size should they be. Its 1960 and multiplayer. I currently have it set up on 29s and it seems too high. I know the single players used 31s but i think that would come up to my chest or so...

Does anyone have a multiplayer Gottlieb from that year or so that can tell me what length they should be??

Thanks,
Jeff

2013-09-29 13.29.35.jpg2013-09-29 13.29.35.jpg

#6 10 years ago

thank you. I figure If i figure out the correct size ill find some beaters and sand em down and spray paint them.

Im gonna have to do the door and top arch also so they will all match

--Jeff

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Gottlieb only used two leg lengths: 31" and 27". They were all 31" (AFAIK) until they started using the 27" with the deeper cabinets on Spirit of 76 and later.

I believe this to be true for all single players. Same issue applies to my Big Top which is also a different cab style.

Its this bit from Steves web site that has me questioning it

Gottlieb® 1956-1975 31''

Single Player Only -Painted usually to 1960
-( Legs used on Multi-Players games vary in length)

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

So another way to approach it is the overall height from the floor to the top of the playfield glass (or lockdown bar) in front. Should be around 38" (give or take). Set up side by side with other Gottliebs, the cabinets should all end up at around the same height (the backboxes may be at different heights). And that's with the front levelers run all the way in.

If it's higher than 38"-39", then the legs are probably too long.

Dirt, you are a brilliant man. That a perfect way and it should correlate nicely with Arts findings i suspect

--Jeff

#15 10 years ago

Art,
thank you. I suspected as much. That length seems like it would match up with teh calculation that Dirt has put forward as well.

Now off to find a set of old 27 to refurb

--Jeff

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider way2wyrd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-leg-size-question?tu=way2wyrd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.