Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by phil-lee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Guys, I need some help here. I just picked this game up. I don't usually work on Ems, but this is a game I used to play day in/day out while in college and I've been looking for one for a while
Anyway, when the game is plugged in ( the start switch was removed at some point) the tilt light goes on and the target bank resets. Nothing much else happens. Should the reset control bank reset also? When the coin switch is closed, the S start relay is pulled in as well as SB reset control relay and the score motor runs and continues to run. If I manually pull in H tilt hold relay playfield lighting turns on. If I reset SB the score motor stops.

I do have a schematic. It is labeled Test Sample Only. The relays are different than in the typical 60s 70s Gottlieb start up sequence. Also the nomenclature seems to be expressed differently than other Gottlieb schematics I have used. I do not have a manual.

Hopefully someone can get me going in the right direction on this one.

Dennis

#2 6 years ago

You'll need to check the schematic to see which switches send power to the score motor... Some simple items to check: Do the score reels completely reset to zero after the start relay is activated? Make sure the coin switches are not stuck in the closed position.

Find the score motor icon on the schematic and follow the circuit back to the primary switches that send power to the score motor. For this era of machine, those switches are usually at the following relays: D, J, O, Q, S, U, SB and score motor switch 1C. Most likely, these switches will have a red/white wire attached to one of their wire lugs. Make sure these switches are clean and adjusted properly...

#3 6 years ago

1. Place a bright light over the bottom Board with the table in full upward tilt position. Ensure the table is stable (loose straps around head).
2. Relays are either Normally Open or Normally closed. Learn this concept. When you manually activate a relay (with power off) with your finger you can see the switch blades open or close, abnormal operation is readily apparent.
3. Check every relay like this, look at each switch closely. Clean if needed with alcohol soaked paper strips.
4.Check for loose wires that have come unsoldered.
5. Look for coils with burned paper wrappings. Are relays firmly fastened to the board? Are all springs intact?
Use a wooden stick when playing with live electrical components.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-lawman-start-up-issues?hl=fredsmythson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.