(Topic ID: 68624)

Gottlieb "Lawman" and "Sheriff" worth it?

By Mercury

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lawman2.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Are these multiplayers worth a buy as opposed to buying just an "Atlantis" EM?

I don't need a multiplayer but hope the games aren't a let down gameplay wise... ...Thanks))

#2 10 years ago

Apples to oranges. I've owned several two-player Gott. games that were a blast and I miss dearly (though Lawman has eluded me so far). They are fun in their own way, extra balls, can be played with a friend, but shallow rule set due to limited EM technology. On the other hand, Atlantis is one of the most challenging and beautiful (IMO) single players out there. I will hold on to mine for some time to come. Either way, Gottlieb games from this era are a blast and you won't go wrong with either variety!

#3 10 years ago

I want an Atlantis when I am ready but if a Lawman or Sheriff was local and at the right price I would get that instead.

Why?

1) Because I would be saving $400.00 in shipping and I could easily inspect the machine.

2) There are other Gottlieb single player titles I want as well so I would just look for those instead.

3) I like both Multiplayer and Single player games for their diversity in their Rulesets. Single Players being a deeper Ruleset in general, but that by no means is saying the Multiplayer will not be fun.

4) I like both Artwork packages (Atlantis-Lawman/Sheriff).

5) The Gameplay would/will be fun for either title.

Just my 2 cents.

Ken

#4 10 years ago

Lawman is a great Title. It is nice to have at least one multiplayer in your lineup

#5 10 years ago

1st pinball I owned was a Lawman - 1980...as a 7 year old.
Must have played it 2,500 times easy.

2 major differences that make it better player than Atlantis IMO....

1. Drops reset on each ball...and if you complete the 10 bank in a ball...back they come.
2. Bonus.

3 major points about Atlantis that are better.

1. Newer - red flipper buttons - better aim. Lawman has the old silver - flimsy ones...but these can be converted.
2. First Gottlieb where there is a score reward feature for hitting 2 drops in a single shot...instead of scoring only once like all EM's.
3. Far better art.

Other poster is right...you cannot lose either way.

JEG-

#6 10 years ago

Thanks so much guys

#7 10 years ago

Have Lawman- Love it. Want Atlantis for the reasons stated above. They are a bit pricy though. I agree, about a $400 difference if in the same condition.

#8 10 years ago

Funny that "Caucasian2 step review say the drops don't reset on lawman.. I'm confused...Here's his review..

The Takeaway:
A damn fine pinball game in nearly every electro-mechanical way. Great artwork, table design and a few subtle changes to the rules from it's previous incarnation make this table a keeper. These changes made up for the multi-player sickness that plagued some of Gottlieb's most righteous layouts. Playing this game and then going back to Lawman/ Sheriff is simply not an option. In the multiplayer designs (Same for El Dorado and it's multiplayer versions) of this table, you hit that last drop target and it STAYS DOWN! Psssssssssssssshhh... you can hear the air escaping the tires on what should have kept on being a fantastic game. Gameplay immediately drops off the side of the earth. FEEL THE PIN_PAIN!

Now Ed Krynski designed Lawman/ Sheriff which in themselves, are really great tables. But wouldn't you know it... Brenner did the unthinkable, he improved on the work of Master K!”

#9 10 years ago

Lawman has a great backglass with beautiful color and art

lawman2.jpglawman2.jpg

#10 10 years ago

Mercury how are you? Another Syracuse guy...COOL !

Get in touch sometime

And BTW I would take either.. both great games, multi player games are a blast. nothing better than a little competition

#11 10 years ago

I would like to have either one of these, so yes... Totally worth it! Its not about how much you pay.... Its about how much you play!!!! Go for it.

1 week later
#12 10 years ago

sorry to jump in on this thread but i am chasing a set of plastics for this game..if anybody can help please contact me!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-lawman-and-sheriff-worth-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.