• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by bicyclenut
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Anyone familiar with these games?
I have a King Rock (4 player). I've restored this game and one thing keeps bugging me that I cant find a definite answer to.
In the playfield there are green lights that rotate around in a circle when the ball rolls through the spinners and it gives you a bonus. Once if rotates all the way around it gives you 1,000 pints. The question I have is, are those lights suppost to reset after you have drained the ball? As of now, the next ball picks up where the last one left off. If they do reset, does anyone know where I would find this switch?
Thanks
Dave

#2 4 years ago

Just looked at a king cool on utube, looks like the lites just keep movin with the spinner. the vertical row, "bonus" lites do reset for each ball

#3 4 years ago

I guess it does reset, But I cant find where the reset is. I cant tell from the schematic either.

#4 4 years ago

Ha! Yours does reset... the one on utube must be busted.
That lite ring is controlled by a step unit, prob the match unit? guessing.
All the step units reset at startup, and some after each ball. on the schematic, look for the step unit reset coils, you will find it there.

#5 4 years ago

The light ring is controlled by the pesky little "AS" relay under the playfield. Every 10 green lights on the wheel it advances a stepper unit for the bonus. The 1000 point bonus collected for each 10 green lights lit by either spinner should count down & reset every ball. If you hit all four letters of "KING", in the first four balls, then the 2x bonus light comes on. On the final ball, the 2x bonus is lit to start with, & if you hit all four "KING" letters, then the 3x bonus light should come on.
I bought mine as a crusty non-working beater, & did my first EM restore.
The game plays better than it looks!

#6 4 years ago

That game looks fun! I like how the player in the papa vid uses those in-line flippers. Skills.

#7 4 years ago

dasvis... It does all that but it just doesn't go to reset when you drain the ball. (The green light ring that is)...everything else works great. I'll look at it again. Maybe I don't have it adjust properly. Thanks for the info. Presqueisle1..... It is a fun game, but there is no trapping the ball on this game.

#8 4 years ago

There is a contact on the AS relay, that is normally closed for 9 steps and opens on the "0".

Clean and (re-)adjust it, not an easy one to adjust.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from wizardblom:

There is a contact on the AS relay, that is normally closed for 9 steps and opens on the "0".
Clean and (re-)adjust it, not an easy one to adjust.

Aye. I can attest to that. It's a bitch to get just right. Good thing it's on a mini Jones plug & you can pull it out easily to work with on the bench.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Aye. I can attest to that. It's a bitch to get just right. Good thing it's on a mini Jones plug & you can pull it out easily to work with on the bench

Awe YES, you are correct. Unfortunately..i didnt get it right tonight. Im going to mess with it some more tomorrow. Thanks everyone for all your help.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
BK Pinball
$ 10.00
Apparel - Unisex
Lee's Parts
$ 349.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 129.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 149.00
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 14.95
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside