(Topic ID: 319220)

Gottlieb King Pin Start problem - Press start twice?

By Squizz

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Squizz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

This is kinda weird on for me.
The machine was working 100% fine, but now it has started to play up and I'm kinda lost where to look.

After playing a game, I go to start a new game.
The game will start a new game and pop a ball out to the shooter lane, BUT all the score reels have not reset to "0"
Now while the ball is in the shooter lane, I pick the ball up and place it into the game over out hole and press the start button again and the
reels will now rest to "0" and the ball will kick out and ball one is selected.

When the game is over and I start a new game, same thing will happen again. game start and kicks the ball out - BUT the reels are still sitting on last score!

Anyone with any ideas as to what I need to address please?
I can supply a schematic to your email if needed - approx 5meg file

p.s I have cleaned every contact and looked at the switches also, but I guess I'm missing something

Thanks

#2 1 year ago

Manual should have a game start up sequence in it.
There are points on the score motor that run the score reset relays

#3 1 year ago

The A/Reset interlock relay (with two coils) is probably inside the cabinet. It toggles back and forth between two positions as each of its coils fires. When you hit the start button it should toggle to one side and stay there. Once the score reels and the rest of the game have reset it should toggle back to the other side. Sometimes these relays can bind and not toggle reliably. Watch yours as you hit the start button. It's possible that either the relay isn't toggling reliably or one of the switches on that relay isn't operating properly.

/Mark

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from MarkG:

The A/Reset interlock relay (with two coils) is probably inside the cabinet. It toggles back and forth between two positions as each of its coils fires. When you hit the start button it should toggle to one side and stay there. Once the score reels and the rest of the game have reset it should toggle back to the other side. Sometimes these relays can bind and not toggle reliably. Watch yours as you hit the start button. It's possible that either the relay isn't toggling reliably or one of the switches on that relay isn't operating properly.
/Mark

You were correct Mark
I had one switch not making enough contact and the power was strong one minute and weak the next.
Next time I'll not work on a machine at 4.30am

Much appreciated for the pointer

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-king-pin-start-problem-press-start-twice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.