4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by tscottn
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tscottn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hi Guys, Just finished restoring a King Pin. I have one issue left that I am dealing with and thought I would ask the experts here. 1 out of every 20 games that I start, the score reels will not reset to zero. When this happens, the score motor will not spin at all, but the game plays fine otherwise. ( re; ball count to zero and 1st ball kicks out, all scoring on the PF works as it should) The machine will stay in this state no matter how many times I restart a new game until I do one of the following..

A) Manually latch the A relay which will cause the game to reset correctly, score motor spins and reels reset to zero
2) Play a ball or two and score some points, then start a new game which will cause the game to reset correctly, score motor spins and reels reset to zero

This is very random and seems to happen on first startup when the machine is left off for a long period of time.. like overnight. Any help would be appreciated. thanks..

#5 4 years ago

Ok thanks guys. I will really look at the A relay again tomorrow very closely. I will report back.

#6 4 years ago

Just wanted to drop a note to say this issue has been resolved. Turned out that my A relay plates were not clicking all the way in. As dgAmpGuy and currieddog mentioned to look at the A relay. I went online and looked at Clays guide to proper A relay adjustment and saw how he showed how the plates were not locking in all the way and low and behold mine had the same issue. After a little fine tuning they lock in completely now and the issue has been nullified. Thanks for all the help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tscottn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-king-pin-start-issue?tu=tscottn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.