Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Raff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Capture (resized).PNG
    #1 3 years ago

When starting a game the score does not reset but I can still play the game from ball 1 to ball 5 .
    Raff

#2 3 years ago

A and A Reset are 2 coils on a single interlock relay. What do they do during reset?

#3 3 years ago
    Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
    #4 3 years ago

Sorry I should of first said this problem with the score reel not resetting just started happening and it' does not happen every game I played a few games scores reset ok while I was watching the Relay A. I keep a eye on the Relay A when it happens again I report back.
    Raff

#5 3 years ago

I used to have intermittent issues with my king pin score reels as well. What I found was that the A relay was out of adjustment which caused the two plates to not have enough tension to move completely and lock into place on start up. Sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn’t. There is a really good video floating around on the right way to adjust the A relay so the plates can move freely but firmly snap into place. I will try to find the link for you. Once I made the adjustments the issue went away.

#6 3 years ago

Here’s the video I used. Skip to about 3 minutes in if you don’t want to watch it all.

#7 3 years ago

I agree with @tscottn, it’s probably the AX relay adjustment. I had an issue with our king pin where it would randomly reset the score during the game. The ax style in king pin is the older latching relay with the metal tabs. You still need the really solid latch/unlatch clicks. In my case I had to clean the knife edges of the metal tabs and do a slight adjustment of the movable coil to get smooth operation. I’ll try to dig up the page that gave me that clue.

Good luck, you’ll get it.
    Dave

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from dgAmpGuy:

The ax style in king pin is the older latching relay

Yea the king pin A relay users the two metal plates I was reading the problem could be the plates become magnetized that causes this problem.
    Raff

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Raff:

When starting a game the score does not reset but I can still play the game from ball 1 to ball 5 .

Quoted from HowardR:

A and A Reset are 2 coils on a single interlock relay. What do they do during reset?

Quoted from Raff:

Yea the king pin A relay users the two metal plates I was reading the problem could be the plates become magnetized that causes this problem.

Are the coils getting power?

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from HowardR:A and A Reset are 2 coils on a single interlock relay. What do they do during reset?

At the moment the score is resetting , the A and A relay is working by clicking on and off at the start of the game.

Quoted from HowardR:

Are the coils getting power?

Yes.
    I just have to wait till it starts playing up again.
    Raff

#11 3 years ago

If the A Reset coil with the Blue-Black wire is getting power before the Tens reel resets to zero, you have a short circuit. You might start by looking at the connections at the Motor 2B switch.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #12 3 years ago
    Quoted from Raff:

At the moment the score is resetting , the A and A relay is working by clicking on and off at the start of the game.

Yes.
    I just have to wait till it starts playing up again.
    Raff

when your problem surfaces, manually push the plate in all the way. My suspicion is they are just miss adjusted or dirty or both.

#13 3 years ago

I have been playing the game all week and that problem has not come back yet I just keep playing it and if it starts again I report back.
    Raff

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-king-pin-score-not-resetting-?hl=dgampguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.