Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Raff
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Red - BE230A.jpg
    IMG_6054 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6066 (resized).JPG
    #1 4 years ago

I am painting my king pin soon just need some help with the colours so the base coat would be white the other two and the speckles need help.
    Raff

#2 4 years ago

Rattle can colors used on mine:

Montana Brand: White "Sunset" for the Orange

Montana Brand: White "Bavaria" for the Blue

Black is Webbing, Not Speckles.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Rattle can colors used on mine:
    Black is Webbing, Not Speckles.

You can see the colors on dickblick.com

#4 4 years ago

I used Lava Orange and Dark Blue by 94 spray paint in a rattle can. As far as I can tell this is extremely close to factory colors. I also used Malta White by 94 as the base coat, which I use for all my pins.

Lava Orange
    https://www.sprayplanet.com/collections/mtn-94-spray-paint/products/mtn-94-lava-orange

Dark Blue
    https://www.sprayplanet.com/collections/mtn-94-spray-paint/products/mtn-94-dark-blue

Malta White
    https://www.sprayplanet.com/collections/mtn-94-spray-paint/products/mtn-94-malta-white

IMG_6054 (resized).JPGIMG_6054 (resized).JPGIMG_6066 (resized).JPGIMG_6066 (resized).JPG
    #5 4 years ago

Here in Australia we only have Montana Brand: Gold, I believe that the gold is the matt and the white =Gloss.
    Raff

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from Raff:

Here in Australia we only have Montana Brand: Gold, I believe that the gold is the matt and the white =Gloss.
    Raff

then you are all set with these then

2 months later
    #7 3 years ago

Hi if I was going to use the Montana white paint to respray a Quick draw what colours in that brand would you use. I did not want to start a topic for one question and I'm colour blind that's why I ask for help thanks in advance.
    Raff

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from Raff:

Hi if I was going to use the Montana white paint to respray a Quick draw what colours in that brand would you use.
    Raff

from the ipdb photos hard to tell if quick draw/fast draw was a red or orange

#9 3 years ago

I agree, hard to tell Raff, but probably more red I think. Being colour blind sure won't help.
    Try BE230A in Photoshop, which is this colour below. Seems about right to me?
    Hope that helps you a bit.
    ~Mal~

Red - BE230A.jpgRed - BE230A.jpg
    #10 3 years ago

Thanks guys one of the colours is a red what's the other colour.
    Raff

#11 3 years ago

The red would be the Montana White "Chili". for the blue, Montana White "Light blue"

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinhead52:

The red would be the Montana White "Chili". for the blue, Montana White "Light blue"

Thanks pinhead

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-king-pin-help-with-cabinet-colours and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.