Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Incomer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Can anyone with a 1973 King Pin tell me if and when the completed sequence resets during a 5 ball game please.

On the game I'm restoring the completed sequence lights (ie yellow 5,000 light and lit red spot) go out every time a ball rolls over the ball count unit advance switch in the ball trough at the start of a new ball.

In this video on Youtube (not mine)

of someone playing the game it seems to not reset between balls 2 and 3, but then to reset between balls 3 and 4 - that doesn't look right.

I'm trying to ascertain if the sequence completed lights should reset every time you lose a ball, or if they should remain lit for the remainder of the game

Many thanks
David

#2 4 years ago

The targets are supposed to reset only at start of new game, or when all targets are down - not between balls.

On 3-ball play the red 5000 spot is always lit, hit all targets and it becomes a special when lit. On 5-ball play the 5000 spot lights only after all targets are hit, and for special you need to drop them for second time.

The sequence light is held by G relay which should not drop out between balls - if it does check G relay switches and ball count unit "0" and "6" position switches.

#3 4 years ago

Thank you Tuuka

The targets don't reset between balls, but the 5,000 spot drops out as the ball count advance triggers

The "hold" switch on the G relay seems to work OK so I was struggling to make sense of what was happening by reference to the schematic
At least now I know the "correct" behaviour I can do something about it

The guy in the Youtube video obviously had a similar problem to me but on an intermittent basis

#4 4 years ago

OK Got it

Yes, it was the "6th position" switch inside the ball count unit that was closing but not passing current - thanks for the advice

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-king-pin-1973-sequence-reset and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.