(Topic ID: 218549)

Gottlieb King Pin 10,000 Score Reel Help

By BretBMF

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I recently got a 1973 Gottlieb King Pin. When I plug the game in the 10,000 score reel keeps spinning as if it's trying to reset, but it never stops at zero... just keeps going. I'm new to EM repair and have tried searching to the answer to this, but I don't know where to begin.

Any thoughts, ideas, solutions are welcome.

Thank you in advance!

Bret

#2 5 years ago

A little more research has brought me to this page:

http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#reels

I'm going to check this tonight and see if the Zero and Nine switches are the problem.

Bret

#3 5 years ago

Yes, check that repair page. It's likely your zero pos. sw. The Decagon reels are a bit tetchy and need to be just right.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Yes, check that repair page. It's likely your zero pos. sw. The Decagon reels are a bit tetchy and need to be just right.

To say a decagon reel is "a bit touchy" is like Uecker saying that pitch was "just a bit outside."

#5 5 years ago

So, I fixed the 10,000 score reel problem and all reels are resetting correctly... however a new issue has come up. When I start a game the “N” relay is stuck on and the 10s reel keeps firing rapidly. If I manually disengage the “N” relay the reel coil stops firing, but once I let go the “N” relay engages again. I am going to unplug the play field connector to see if the it’s a problem with a 10 point switch on the play field, and then trouble shoot from there... but just wanted to ask if this sounds familiar to anyone reading this.

Thanks,

Bret

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from BretBMF:

I am going to unplug the play field connector to see if the it’s a problem with a 10 point switch on the play field, and then trouble shoot from there... but just wanted to ask if this sounds familiar to anyone reading this.

It sounds exactly what you said, but in looking at the playfield what do you have for 10 pt. scores: just the slingshots and upper bumpers? That should be easy enough.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-king-pin-10000-score-reel-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.