Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150516_120530.jpg
KOD_DB.JPG
#1 8 years ago

I have a problem with my King of Diamonds that I cannot figure out and would like some opinions. The problem is when there is points on the ones reel and the ball drains it adds 5 points to the ones reel unless it hits Zero then it stops, the only thing that is happening is the Match Relay is pulled in and the score motor runs until the five points are added this happens on all five balls.

Any help would be appreciated, and I do have the schematic I am just going blind and getting frustrated looking at it because this one does not make any sense to me.

Thanks in advance
Brad

#2 8 years ago

Stopping at zero....look for the reset relay, there is a contact that drives the reels in reset mode and they stop at zero (contact on reel opens up at zero). Im thinking the contact on reset relay is gapped too close and is getting the 5 pulses from the score motor.

Ken

#3 8 years ago

ok, found my KoD diagram...on the DB relay, the last relay in the head bank with all the cards...there is a contact specific to the ones reel. Wire coloor BL-OR to BLK-RED, its gapped too close OR.....

The bank is not seated in its mounts, loosen wing nuts and ensure bank is all the way up it to the U shape slot. If the bank is not seated fully the reset arm closes the contacts a little and you get funky stuff.

So most likely the end next to the DB relay is not seated...

Ken

#4 8 years ago

I "assumed" DB also at first but then I noticed that it incremented only five points or stoped at zero whatever was closer and never did a full runout. For example if 1 point was on the reel it would stop at 6 if 6 was on the reel it would stop at 0, I will check DB again guess you never know.

Thanks
Brad

#5 8 years ago

If you look at the sch, the runout is thru the switch on the reel that opens at 0. so if you had a 7, it stops at zero, 8, stops at 0, 9 stops at 0. Partially closed contact or bank not fully seated.

#6 8 years ago

I think somebody put the wrong switch blade on the DB relay for the red/blue from what I can tell it should be a make break switch and with the blade they have on it that will never happen it will never break. For a test I made it a make/break and its working but I can't believe someone would do that in the first place so it makes me leery when you have a minute could you look at yours to verify that it's correct.

You can see in the picture the red arrow to the blade and how it will never break when the relay trips

Thanks
Brad

KOD_DB.JPGKOD_DB.JPG
#7 8 years ago

Sorry I assumed you had a KOD and it looks like you don't so I guess you can't compare And I miss spoke it's not a make break

#8 8 years ago

Actually I have a KoD Im restoring...I'll look

#9 8 years ago

20150516_120530.jpg20150516_120530.jpgActually is a "break" switch, DG is untripped to reset game. As soon as the reels are at zero db gets tripped and opens the feeds to the reels. In my pic, I have 4 closed contacts on the bottom tier until db is tripped.

It looks like you are missing a blade. I wonder if the prev owner shorted the solder tabs together to get it to reset..

#10 8 years ago

Looking again at your photo the top finger is too long? can you shorted it as to not to be moved by the yellow arm

#11 8 years ago

Thats what I did, I replaced it with the correct length and getting your picture verified it was the correct thing to do.

Thanks again
Brad

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Staunton, VA
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-king-of-diamonds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.