4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Ghosthole
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Wild-Life-Work-15 (resized).jpg
    0Wild-Life-Work-14 (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

This is what it's doing... Should just say ball one but it's immediately advancing to ball 2

#2 4 years ago

So it scores, goes to zero as it flashes to 2, and then back to 1?

#3 4 years ago

Hi Ghosthole
    welcome to pinside-EM. First I ask You to do a test: Take the playfield-glass away --- take out the ball. Then put a finger in the outhole (between the flipper-bats where the ball was laying) - then start a game --- when the kicker on the Outhole kicks Your finger: Take Your finger out of the Outhole - big question: Do You see in the Backglass lightet "Ball-1 in play" ?

If Your answer is "Yes": I do not have the schematics "King Kool" - I show it on Wild Life. When a ball is kicked over to the shooter alley: The ball rolls under the apron - there the ball rolls over a switch, closes this switch --- the P-Add-Player-Unit-Relay is made to pull --- motor is made running - along "my green lines" the Player-Unit is stepped (Add-Player-Unit-Coil fires once or several times). This is good BUT NOT when the very first ball is kicked over. So Gottlieb said: When the very first ball is kicked over we have a switch on ZB-First-Ball-Relay, the ZB-Relay is not yet pulling - so the "switch open on ZB-Relay" HINDERS stepping on the Player-Unit (very first ball being kicked over).

Do You have the schematics to King Kool ? Write - we then may have to look at the ZB-Relay and its switch (not the easyest task). Greetings Rolf

0Wild-Life-Work-14 (resized).jpg0Wild-Life-Work-14 (resized).jpg
    #4 4 years ago

Hi Ghosthole
    an add-on to my post-3 --- I understand quite well the FOUR-Player-Pins - I am not so good with TWO-Player-Pins --- so I myself have some questions to the schematics (TWO Player-Pin) --- but I am 99% sure Your problem has to do with ZB-Relay / switch on the relay. Greetings Rolf

#5 4 years ago

Hi Ghosthole
    I could answer (most of) my questions to the schematics (TWO-Player-Pin) --- in case we have to discuss the complete stepping (Player-Unit): We'd then have to use the JPG I show here. Greetings Rolf

0Wild-Life-Work-15 (resized).jpg0Wild-Life-Work-15 (resized).jpg
    #6 4 years ago

I can do it by hand and it's counting ball one when it kicks then ball 2 when it hits the second switch

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-king-kool-advancing-to-ball-2-early and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.