Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Jungle-Princess-Work-01 (resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

Picked up a JQ project and re-assembled the upper playfield.
It cleaned up really nice.
When I power it on now the right outhole just constantly fires. It's not locked on but repeats firing constantly.
So it's adding points to the score.

When I unplug the connectors for the playfield it stops firing. However I did notice that if the ball is in the return hole it does the same thing. I thought maybe a short but i;ve gone over all the switches top to bottom and cant figure it out.

Where to start?

#2 6 years ago

No idea, but is there an eos switch on that coil?

Im 10 mins north of you in aurora! So if you ever want to need another set of eyes, Lemme know!

#3 6 years ago

oh, i would check the O relay on the bottom board

the outhole relay switches make sure they are gapped right and opening.

sounds like something is triggering the switch to keep firing based on the rotating the credit wheel.

#4 6 years ago

Check for bent solder tabs on the score motor, related relays and the out hole switches.

#5 6 years ago

I think a review of terminology is in order to cut through the apparent confusion.

The first post states that the right outhole fires constantly and one of the responders suggested checking the O(uthole) relay.

Since I have never come across an EM pin with more than one outhole, I have to ask if you meant to write "right eject hole" or possibly right outlane?

Most pinball people refer to the single drainhole at the very bottom of the PF as the outhole, while any scoring holes located on the PF are either gobble holes (in the older 50's machines) or eject or kick-out holes.

#6 6 years ago

i have a machine with 4 outholes but they are all attached to the same linkages to kick the ball out of all or 1 of them.

I would check the switch in the hole. It should be a bent leaf that comes up to make contact and bend once the ball rests inside it.

There are 2 switches over each other. 1 to score, 1 to activate the solenoid to kick out.

#7 6 years ago

Yes when I say outhole I am meaning the eject hole not the drain hole. I didn't consider the drain a hole I guess is how i look at it.
Either way, the hole up at the top, there are two in JQ left and right. It's firing constatnly while the score motor runs continuously.

The switch on this hole is fine and gapped properly. The relay is fine as well and has been cleaned and gapped.

I think my issue is something deeper than just a switch adjustment. I'm starting to think I have a short somewhere. I'll check the tabs on the score motor again closer tonight.

#8 6 years ago

Have you checked the switches on BOTH holes? If they're tied together and both fire, then either switch could cause it to fire.

If you haven't already done so, use a multimeter and check across the switch on each of the 2 holes - there shouldn't be any continuity. Then, when you close the switch it should show continuity. Like you said, there could be something elsewhere that's shorted this together.

#9 6 years ago

Also don't neglect to check the tab ends of the switches under the eject hole where the wires are soldered on. Sometimes those can short together and people don't think to inspect that end.

Does this happen during game play or during the boot-up cycle after you press the credit button?

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

i have a machine with 4 outholes but they are all attached to the same linkages to kick the ball out of all or 1 of them.
I would check the switch in the hole. It should be a bent leaf that comes up to make contact and bend once the ball rests inside it.
There are 2 switches over each other. 1 to score, 1 to activate the solenoid to kick out.

That's not an outhole. An outhole is where the ball drains. What you mean is a kickout hole or an eject hole.

#11 6 years ago

Hi spikedbat
do You have the schematics ? In another topic I found some snippets of Jungle Princess --- see the JPG. The Right Ejecthole-Kicker (Gottlieb calls it 'Right Hole Kicker') fires if the motor runs and the G-Right-Hole-Relay is pulling. Not only the switch on the Hole where the ball depresses the switch when rolling into the Hole --- I also read: Right Outside-Rollover-Switch, something with Right Side Rollover Switch and Right Target Bank Switch (?) - do You have the schematics ?
I do not have the schematics and I do not know the pin. Greetings Rolf

0Jungle-Princess-Work-01 (resized).jpg0Jungle-Princess-Work-01 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball
Lighting
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-jungle-queen-right-outhole-constantly-firing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.