Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by legtod2
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Getting further from my previous post. Now when the ball sinks for player one on ball one when, ball 2 or player two does not advance.

So I am forever on player one ball one over and over again.

If I go to the player unit on the back of the game I can press the solenoid 4 time to advance to ball 2 player 1.
And again for ball 3 player one.

When the game is reset the player unit does reset to the home position or ball 1 player 1

#2 6 years ago

When the ball sinks for player one the ball is ejected and its player one ball one all over again.

#3 6 years ago

Does it do the same for players 3 and 4

#4 6 years ago

Suggest you check the 'stepping' of the player unit-see if you can manually resolve the issue. If so probably a gummed player unit.

#5 6 years ago

The add player coil circuit is routed thru the 0 reel circuit at startup and is then picked up thru Z1 and Z2 switches after you score points. If its an all player problem the problem is likely elsewhere. The circuit also goes thru a switch on BX, switch must be closed. A switch in P must close when P is energized. U has a switch that is open to allow the unit not to advance when ball 1 is delivered. If U is not tripping or switch out of adjustment, when scoring starts the player advance circuit will remain open and unit will not advance.

#6 6 years ago

Frb,

I lifted the playfield and manually scored a couple of 500 pts. The U relay energized and remained on.
When the ball is in the outhole the U relay becomes un energized. The ball is kicked thru the outhole and its player one all over again. The U relay remains un energized until points are scored.

I beleive both outhole switches are fine. The second outhole switch (located near the plunger) causes the score motor to turn and the first swtch detected the ball in the outhole.

#7 6 years ago

I attempted to advance the player unit from player one ball one to player two ball one.
Then I added points and then sink the ball.
The ball ejects and its the same player and ball again.

It remains the same player and ball again forever, kinda like the movie groundhog day.

#8 6 years ago

The U relay should not de-energize. The circuit is locked on thru a switch on U itself and a switch on AX.

#9 6 years ago

Frb,

I cleaned and checked the U relay. Adjusted the switches, retried... same problem.

I cleaned the AX relay switches and adjusted a couple of the switch blades on the AX switch stack.
The U relay stays on constantly after a ball sinks before the U relay would turn off after ball sinks.

The ball now advances properly.

The groundhog day cycle is now broken. Ball advance to next player and next ball appropriately.

Hurray

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from legtod2:

Frb,
I cleaned and checked the U relay. Adjusted the switches, retried... same problem.
I cleaned the AX relay switches and adjusted a couple of the switch blades on the AX switch stack.
The U relay stays on constantly after a ball sinks before the U relay would turn off after ball sinks.
The ball now advances properly.
The groundhog day cycle is now broken. Ball advance to next player and next ball appropriately.
Hurray

Yes, make sure 1st ball relay is energized though out the game after the first points are scored. It usually needs to be replaced...

#11 6 years ago

Resolved

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-jungle-queen-em-wont-advance-ball-2-or-player-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.