3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by DavidUK
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Jungle Princess U relay (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

Hi out there, I'm new to the forum and from the UK.
    I am replacing some lost relay switches on a Gottlieb Jungle Princess machine. I have ordered the schematic which I'm sure I'll need.
    Can anyone show me a close up photograph of relay switches AX, Q game over and U 1st ball, with wiring colours and the order they are placed? I would be very grateful as this will hopefully enable me to restore the machine back to working condition and save another classic machine. Thanks in advance from across the pond! David

#2 3 years ago

Once you have the schematic it will tell you everything you need to know other than the order in which the switches are placed in the relay armature. In most cases the placement won't matter. Here's the U/1st Ball relay for example:
    Jungle Princess U relay (resized).jpgJungle Princess U relay (resized).jpg
    The "Contacts" column in the Relays table shows you how many of each switch type there are on each relay. In the case of the U relay there are:
    - 4 type A or normally open switches
    - 1 type B or normally closed switch
    - 1 type C or make/break switch
    Finding them in the schematic isn't hard and the wire colors are all shown.

Note that the AX relay is an interlock relay with two coils but the rest of the information is the same.

Note also that this question would get more views in the EM tech forum.

/Mark

#3 3 years ago

Wow, thank you Mark.

Thanks to you I now have that switch correct and working. Not sure how long my schematic will take to arrive from the States, hopefully not too long.
    In the meantime, would you be able to give me the same info for the Q Game Over relay and the AX Reset relay? If so, that would be fantastic!
    Thank you so much for replying and helping me so far.

I'll also post this question in the EM tech forum as suggested. Again thank's so much for your help.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-jungle-princess-switches and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.