• Latest reply 1 year ago by jpraadt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 1 year ago

Hello folks, I have been lucky enough to recently acquire a Jungle Princess EM game that, despite a list of problems as long as my arm, seems to play pretty well. I'm brand new to EM repair, but do have a bit of an electrical background. Since there are a lot of issues with this machine, I am reluctant to jump in and try to fix too many things at once, because I have heard (and to some degree, experienced) how easy it is to make three things worse when trying to fix one.

One thing that has been quite confusing to me, is that every time something scores 100 points, the thousands reel always increments at the same time, on both player 1 and player 2. I've checked all the switches on the score reels, to make sure it's not just "rolling over" each time, and if I increment the 10's reel until it rolls over to 100, the thousands reel doesn't advance, so I'm pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with the score reels.

Can one of you kind folks help point me in the right direction? I do have a schematic, but I think I am just needing some practice in reading it correctly.

Any tips would be incredibly appreciated.

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from jpraadt:

on both player 1 and player 2

Do you mean that both player 1 and player 2 1000s score wheels increment together every time you score 100 for either player?
Or do you mean that player 1 1000s score wheel increments when player 1 scores 100 and player 2 1000s score wheel increments when player 2 scores 100?
Or something else?

#3 1 year ago

HowardR Yeah, fair enough - I wasn't exactly clear there. What I mean is that for whichever player is active, when 100's are triggered, the 1000's increment the same amount of times on that player's score reel. The weird thing is, if you trigger 1000's , they work normally (not triggering 100's).

#4 1 year ago

If the 1000 Point relay (L) activates when this happens, most likely the 9th Position switches on the 100 point score reels are gapped too close.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5 1 year ago
Quoted from HowardR:

If the 1000 Point relay (L) activates when this happens, most likely the 9th Position switches on the 100 point score reels are gapped too close.
[quoted image]

In my case, this doesn't seem to be what's going on. I've checked the 9th position on all score reels, and they seem to be in the proper "normally open" configuration. I'm not sure if it helps to know this, but the 100's and 1000's chimes also sound simultaneously too, which is part of why I wasn't thinking it was a score reel issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-jungle-princess-hundreds-and-thousands-score-together?hl=howardr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.