E22EEB25-2121-495B-BE41-141194F71D6E (resized).jpeg
AE8D4D4C-B6F9-48D5-9667-10BEFA412127 (resized).jpeg
C501226C-D58F-4FB8-A612-AF73EF892BF1 (resized).jpeg
A0E22CCA-2708-40B3-BC57-EDED242B05A5 (resized).jpeg
0Jungle-Work-06 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Working on a Gottlieb jungle king
When you turn it on it doesn’t show
Gameover. It’s set on freeplay so when you hit the start button the motor spins to reset and stops the score reel resets and the rollovers reset and the game doesn’t play
Also the h and the r relays energize when you try to start a game.
Any help would be great

#2 6 years ago

Hi gameover1173
ipdb shows here http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1332&picno=26197 that the FOUR-Player version has the huge Control-Bank near the Coin-Door. And here http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1336&picno=27623 we see that Your "Jungle King" does not have such an Control-Bank. I do have the schematics to Jungle - but not to Jungle King. I show the part of the schematics "Jungle" and "Abra Ca Dabra" - please show the area on Jungle King. Also of interest is "area with Ball Count Unit --- step-up coil and step down coil" --- when You start a game: does this unit ever move ? Greetings Rolf

0Jungle-Work-06 (resized).jpg0Jungle-Work-06 (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago

Do you have a schematic you can scan and post?

#4 6 years ago

The best I can do right now
A few pics of the schematics

A0E22CCA-2708-40B3-BC57-EDED242B05A5 (resized).jpegA0E22CCA-2708-40B3-BC57-EDED242B05A5 (resized).jpeg

C501226C-D58F-4FB8-A612-AF73EF892BF1 (resized).jpegC501226C-D58F-4FB8-A612-AF73EF892BF1 (resized).jpeg

AE8D4D4C-B6F9-48D5-9667-10BEFA412127 (resized).jpegAE8D4D4C-B6F9-48D5-9667-10BEFA412127 (resized).jpeg

E22EEB25-2121-495B-BE41-141194F71D6E (resized).jpegE22EEB25-2121-495B-BE41-141194F71D6E (resized).jpeg

#5 6 years ago

Whoa, well that's fun trying to read. You can get a great scan at Staples for $2.

I would check the A/AR lock to make sure the sw. making and clean, and the V.

Do you have a pic of the score motor sw. chart?

#6 6 years ago

Hi pinsiders
when You have knowledge of Add-A-Ball-Pins: Please help.

Hi gameover1173
99% of the pins imported into Switzerland were Four-Player-Pins. AAB-Pins are ultra-rare. I have little knowledge on AAB-Pins.
Thanks for the pictures of schematics. See the JPG - in the JPG on top from "around number 14" leftbound is the Power-side-connection. Some switches (I have marked green) control a bunch / group of stuff --- please show this section on "Jungle King".

In the first JPG in Your post-4 we see "Switch on H-Relay with wire-color-orange and with wire-color-black-red soldered-on. The switch is closed when the H-Relay is not pulling. The Tilt-Light also has wire-of-color-orange --- on the other side of the Tilt-Light is wire of color-unknown to me.
Unplug the main power cord (Safety Reasons) - take a Jumper-Wire and clip-on at "Switch on H-Relay, side wire-orange is soldered-on. Then take the other end of the looooong Jumper-Wire to the Tilt-Light and clip-on at Solder-Lug "wire-orange". With this Jumper-Wire You guarantee connection on a existing but maybe faulty wiring in the pin. Do manually step the Ball-Count-Unit up - do manually step it down - can You manually step ? Then step the unit in a middle position.
Then plug-in, toggle-on - Does the Tilt-Light lights up ? Then start a game - does the Ball-Count-Unit move / step ? Greetings Rolf

0Jungle-Work-07 (resized).jpg0Jungle-Work-07 (resized).jpg

#7 6 years ago

I will post schematics when I get home that’s all I have at the moment . Kind of hard to do at work. Thanks so far

Quoted from currieddog:

Whoa, well that's fun trying to read. You can get a great scan at Staples for $2.
Do you have a pic of the score motor sw. chart?

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from gameover1173:

I will post schematics when I get home that’s all I have at the moment

Quoted from currieddog:

You can get a great scan at Staples for $2.

#9 6 years ago

I wasn’t able to scan schematic
I am still learning ems
This is were at I’m at powers up
Set on freeplay so when I hit the start button the motor spins and stops the reset bank resets and the tilt light is on the h and r energize that’s about it

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

#11 6 years ago

heres a schematic

SinglePDF0126-01.pdfSinglePDF0126-01.pdf

#12 6 years ago

Check these main switches that connect power to the playfield using Alligator clip jumper wires.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png

#13 6 years ago

Excuse my lack of knowledge on these ems how am I connecting the alligator clips? Switch to switch? Or? Just want to make sure I’m doing it correctly

#14 6 years ago

Excuse my lack of knowledge on these ems how am I connecting the alligator clips? Switch to switch? Or? Just want to make sure I’m doing it correctly

In that case you can start by looking at the switches. If they look like they're connecting OK, here are a couple links. If these don't clarify it for you we could arrange a phone call.

http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features

http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf

#15 6 years ago

Update on this problem
Power the game up its set on freeplay
Press start button everything resets game is setup from 5 balls and it shows up on backglass and tilt is lit on backglass and no power to the playfield
Not sure where to go from here

#16 6 years ago

Also forgot to add the hold relay no longer latches in automatically or by manually doing it either

#17 6 years ago

Check the tilt switches and slam switches.

#18 6 years ago

Also forgot to add the hold relay no longer latches in automatically or by manually doing it either

Diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png

#19 6 years ago

I see one problem on one of the switches on relay h. The tab on the top of the switch is almost broken off
I need to order a new switch bank on one side it’s a 3 stack switch
What size leafs are these??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-jungle-king-not-going-into-game-over-mode?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.