Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hey there everybody, i'll start off by admitting my beginner status to the community.

I recently got a Jungle project for myself as a worthy (cheap) candidate to play around with. The machine powers on and illuminates the backglass lamps, but thats about it. No playfield lights, not able to add credits using the coin mechs, ect ect ect. Checked all the fuses using a multimeter and all check out. Cleaned all the "plugs" with no improvements. QUICKLY gone over all the wiring and contacts, all seem fine.

I plan on going through the pinrepair.com checklist from start to finish, but i figured id double check the forums (before tracing every wire). Maybe i'm just missing something extremely simple, or need to clean DEEPER.

#2 7 years ago

One easy test is check voltage coming out of the fuses. If the ancient fuse holders are bad they may not be passing electricity through them even if the fuses are good.

#3 7 years ago

did you take the fuses out when you checked them

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

One easy test is check voltage coming out of the fuses. If the ancient fuse holders are bad they may not be passing electricity through them even if the fuses are good.

That shall be my evening project.

Quoted from Raff:

did you take the fuses out when you checked them

But of course, I think the fuses were replaced before I got it. All look very shiny and new.

#5 7 years ago

Check the tilt/game over relays.

Check the jones plug connectors at bottom of cabinet.

Credit issue probably has nothing to do with it. Have you tried manually pressing in the start relay?

You haven't said if you are able to start a game or not.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Santa Clarita, CA
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-jungle-4-player-only-powers-back-glass-lamps and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.