Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by vec-tor
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Hello Everyone- For those that are interested, I'm starting a list of people that are interested in purchasing a NEW REPRO playfield made by Wade Krause for a Gottlieb Jumping Jack/Jack in the Box. He will be starting these within the next few month along with Sky Jump and Abra Ca Dabra. However, if there is not enough interest in this playfield he will not produce this title. No deposit is needed at this time but just a firm commitment on your part that you want a playfield and on the list. I'm in contact with Wade all the time and actually live a few miles from his shop. I will keep you updated on the progress of this project, but you are always welcome to call/email Wade about what he's up to. I'm just helping him out with the Pinside part. Any questions post them here in this thread. Thanks
To contact Wade directly go here:
wadeotornado@yahoo.com
https://pinballplayfields.wordpress.com/
All payment and shipping details are done by Wade through Wade.

#2 2 years ago

How impressive is Wade's backglass display? Looks really impressive.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

How impressive is Wade's backglass display? Looks really impressive

It's pretty cool to see all those BG on the wall. Especially when he turns on the lights behind them

#4 2 years ago

I would be interested depending on price

#5 2 years ago

Toss me in the want to buy playfield mix...

1 month later
#6 2 years ago

Hi Guys, I would be interested in a Jumping Jack PF depending on price.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from Cruiser:

Guys, I would be interested in a Jumping Jack PF depending on price.

Pretty sure they are right at $600 shipped, but I would confirm with Wade. Just give him an email.

#8 2 years ago

I'll get in for one.
Chris Hibler
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://ChrisHiblerPinball.com/contact/
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#9 2 years ago

I've mentioned to Wade some time back to add me to his list. Looking forward to this one.

#10 2 years ago

I'm in for one.

Don O

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

I'm in for one.
Don O

Awesome....just PM me your name and email address and Ill give it to Wade to put on the list.
Thanks

1 week later
#12 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Pretty sure they are right at $600 shipped, but I would confirm with Wade. Just give him an email.

Hi Bicyclenut, I have tried to email wade, but they bounce back after about 4 days

This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:

Your message was not delivered because the destination computer was
not reachable within the allowed queue period. The amount of time
a message is queued before it is returned depends on local configura-
tion parameters.

Most likely there is a network problem that prevented delivery, but
it is also possible that the computer is turned off, or does not
have a mail system running right now.

Your message was not delivered within 4 days and 0 hours.
Host yahoo.com is not responding.

The following recipients did not receive this message:

<wadeotornado@yahoo.com>

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Cruiser:

Hi Bicyclenut, I have tried to email wade, but they bounce back after about 4 days

Hmm, I'll look into it for you. I just emailed him this morning with no issue.

#14 2 years ago

Hi Bicyclenut, all good contact made, and a big thank you to you !!!!!

#15 2 years ago

Im in for one for sure!

1 week later
#16 2 years ago

A little off topic but I figured I'd ask here. I have a Jumping Jack that I just restored. I need to redo the paper strip in the bottom of the cabinet that has the relay names on it. You know, on the switch bank. I found a site that has all the other individual ones but I need the long switch bank. Could someone please send me a picture of theres so I know the layout? Or if you know of a site that I could simply print them that would be awesome. Thank You very much for any help.

1 month later
#17 2 years ago

Hey Bicyclenut, do you think we have the numbers for wade as yet? and would you believe it might be done in 2017? I do appreciate your comments

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from Cruiser:

Bicyclenut, do you think we have the numbers for wade as yet? and would you believe it might be done in 2017? I do appreciate your comment

Yes, Wade has enough people for a run. I don't remember the number off hand. As soon as someone tells me they want one I forward the info to Wade. I do know he's finishing up Sky jump right now. I think 2001 is next, then it seems after that always changes. I know for a fact that he has already scanned and marked up Abra Ca Dabra and Jumping Jack into his computer and has those playfields in his shop for reference. Usually these are the ones he does next to get the Original playfields back to their owners. So Yes, I'm pretty confident it will be done this year. You can always shoot him an email for more info. Hope this helps

#19 2 years ago

2001, Jumping Jack, Abra Ca Dabra and Quick Draw are definitely being made, in that order, according to the email received from Wade last night. He was looking for people to commit to Quick Draw.

#20 2 years ago

please Help enlighten an old cheap EM guy to understand the logic in spending more or just as much for a playfield as the entire game is worth.
I mean no disrespect and to each their own but you can pick up really nice examples of this title for 600-800 all day long.
I get pf swaps on high $$ games but help me to understand the logic in doing this ?

Best I can equate it to is like the car guys that invest 50,000 in restoring a car knowing all the while that they are restoring a car that will never be worth more than 30,000 that somehow it is more of a labor of love.

Help me please because I don't get it ..
Ty
Sir Brian of Ortonville

#21 2 years ago

Because restoring an EM is a big part of the hobby. Quality over quantity. Some can afford both, not me.

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from Bribo13:

please Help enlighten

I guess if you're a "Flipper" then no this doesn't make sense. For me, it's not about reselling my games. I want them to look nice, and play like new. Only certain playfield are reproduced and usually on the bigger titles. If mine looks bad then I'll replace it. Making them look nice and restoring games is part of the hobby....for me anyways.

#23 2 years ago

If you don't reproduce playfields for games and simply keep buying replacement games because it's cheaper and easier, at some point you're going to run through all of that particular title in your area. These EM's are way tougher to find in the wild than DMD games these days. Sure they're not as expensive because they don't have all the flashy lights and dot animations the DMD's have, but that doesn't mean you should just use them up and throw them away.

At some point, it just makes more sense to just replace the playfield than try and find a replacement game. There might not be one in decent enough condition near you to just go buy one, let alone the effort involved with trying to locate and purchase a game that might be hours away in another town or even further away in another state. I'd rather spend the time to do a PF swap than have to wait who knows how long to find another game that might or might not be in better condition than the one I've got. Sure I might be "upside down" a few hundred bucks in the game at that point, but once I repainted the cab and cleaned the crap out of everything else, I'm pretty sure I'd be closer to even money if I were to ever sell the game, given that it's got all these new parts and paint everywhere. Also, you have the pleasure of playing your game without worrying that you're doing further, unfixable damage to the irreplaceable PF.

It's kind of the same thing with people who buy a TAF for $5k and up and send it off to restored by McCune, HEP, or BK. If they were to ever try and sell it, they wouldn't be making any real profit, so why do it?

Because lastly, and at the end of the day, sometimes you just have to do right by the game. Some of these games just deserved to be restored.

#24 2 years ago

I don't really like the backglass on Jumping Jack but the pop bumbers on the playfield intrigues me. Thinking about it. I'm sure I'll be able to play the game in Allentown.

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

I don't really like the backglass on Jumping Jack

You're in a huge minority. JJ/JITB backglasses are cited most often as best backglass ever.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.ChrisHiblerPinball.com/Contact
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#26 2 years ago

While we are on the subject of Jumping Jack playfields, does anyone else have a warping around either edges of the drop targets? Probably due to the weight of the huge drop target assembly. It seems to effect the kick out from the top holes towards the middle of the playfield.

Just got done bashing some clowns a minute ago. Great game.

3 months later
#27 2 years ago

bicyclenut,

Do you have 20 yet for the JITB playfield?

Bruce

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

Do you have 20 yet for the JITB playfield?

I believe so, but the more the better. Its a go for sure.

#29 2 years ago

Thanks. I'm thinking about getting one but will see.

Bruce

6 months later
#30 1 year ago

Hello everyone. Wade is currently working on Jumping Jack/Jack in the Box PF's. NOW is your time to get on his list is you want one.
To contact Wade directly go here:
wadeotornado@yahoo.com
https://pinballplayfields.wordpress.com/
All payment and shipping details are done by Wade through Wade.
Or, you can PM me with name and email address and Ill pass it onto Wade.

#32 1 year ago

Wow! That does look nice! I just completed a Jack in the Box....fun game!

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Awesome....just PM me your name and email address and Ill give it to Wade to put on the list.
Thanks

Just sent Wade a downpay on Jumping Jack... I've always been a huge fan of this game - so I'm stoked to get this into my current example. I've got a really nice cabinet, great B/G, and completely restored mech panel, so this new P/F won't look out of place on this baby! Wade is the man - from what I can tell from the pix and the feedback on his tables, they're very nice indeed. We are so lucky to have folks that are doing this today - rock on Mr. Krause.

#34 1 year ago
Quoted from Dono:

Just sent Wade a downpay on Jumping Jack... I've always been a huge fan of this game - so I'm stoked to get this into my current example. I've got a really nice cabinet, great B/G, and completely restored mech panel, so this new P/F won't look out of place on this baby! Wade is the man - from what I can tell from the pix and the feedback on his tables, they're very nice indeed. We are so lucky to have folks that are doing this today - rock on Mr. Krause.

in many ways these are better than factory. you will not be disappionted

#35 1 year ago

Anyone who puts one of these beauties in their game should strongly consider applying mylar circles on the symmetrical landing areas where the top kick holes are. Gottlieb learned their lesson from the infamous wear spots suffered on titles like King Pin, JitB/JJ and switched to a weaker coil in the mid-70s. King Pin uses A-5723, but Pin-Up uses A-1496, which gently spits the ball out, thereby minimizing playfield wear. You probably can’t switch your JitB/JJ to use this coil, however, because the ball would never reach your flippers; it would likely get stuck in an infinite loop of rolling back into the kick holes. Another option to consider is covering it with 2PAC, which should be hard enough to protect the playfield from the catapulting.

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

Anyone who puts one of these beauties in their game should strongly consider applying mylar circles on the symmetrical landing areas where the top kick holes are.

More like a rectangle. But yup! seen too many playfields ruined.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside