Pinball (resized).png
Pinball (resized).png
0Jumping-Jack-Work-07 (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png
Pinball (resized).png
Pinball (resized).png
Screenshot_20180330-012001 (resized).png
Screenshot_20180330-010831 (resized).png
There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 5 years ago

So I read those articles a few times. One clip to C coil on left side of the coil (looking at schematic the side opposite of mar-yellow wire) and other clip to side of 2B that is opposite yellow-green wire. Is that right? I am really not good at deciphering schematics.

Or does one clip stay on the red and white wire like the article states? Does that apply to my relay too?

#102 5 years ago

Reflowed solder on coil C. No change. Tightened switch stacks and now relay stays pulled in for motor rotation...BUT still no 50 points and now 3000 points won't score. There are only 4 switches on this relay...how hard can this be?!

#103 5 years ago

Which switch does what on this relay? Best way to adjust?

#104 5 years ago

Holy hell I got it! The switches on C needed adjusted. Wow there is like zero tolerance for gap errors on this thing. Working all the way! Thanks to everyone who has helped me along the way. Now on to painting!

#105 5 years ago

Ok. Sorry it appears I have another question...Haha. Played several games and never really looked at the rules before. It appears as though hitting the last of 10 drops on a single ball should award either extra ball or special depending on what is currently lit. My game doesn't appear to be doing either. Ideas?

Going to be looking at the drop target series switch in the middle of the drops and all the other drop switches tomorrow. Any other ideas are welcome.

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

... hitting the last of 10 drops on a single ball should award either extra ball or special depending on what is currently lit. My game doesn't appear to be doing either. ...

Here's the circuit to diagnose using Alligator clip jumper wires. Your problem description implies you have the Special Frequency Adjustment set to Medium but this circuit will be slightly different if you have it on one of the other settings.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png

#107 5 years ago

Do the 10 targets stay down when you get all of them down? Or do they come back up and simply not give you the reward? That will tell us/you if it's a matter of detecting "sequence complete" or if it's a problem in the awarding circuit.

#108 5 years ago

Targets score bonus and come back up. Just won't award extra ball or special.

#109 5 years ago

If you have the Special Frequency jack set for liberal, the only select logic in play is the make break on the Alternator relay (award is 50/50 E.B. or Replay). If set for med. or conservative, then a switch on score motor 4E comes into play. Making it more EB than Replay (2/3). That, and everything to the right in diagram above.

#110 5 years ago

I will check it out tonight. Thanks guys!

#111 5 years ago

Man ... I am having a tough time with this one. I have looked at A, E, F, BX, 4E, 1C, drops series switch (it appears one side is for starting bonus countdown, I guess the other side tells machine to award extra ball or replay?). It was set to medium ( the replay award) conservative seems to alternate between extra ball and replay at the same rate as medium for some reason. It is currently at liberal. Under no circumstances has the award ever been awarded. I tried following wires on the schematics. I just can't really make sense of it. Can someone tell me what other relays, motor switches, stepper switches to check? If I leave in liberal mode?

#112 5 years ago

Just to be clear the award lights are lit and alternating correctly when playing. It is after all 10 targets are dropped that the actual extra ball and extra ball light and replay award are what I am not getting.

When I manually close the top of 2 switches on drop series switches the bonus countdown occurs. When I manually close the bottom switch nothing happens at all...I feel like it should?

You know I think the drops are supposed to be worth 500 points after knocking them all down the 1st time...That doesn't happen either...the 500 point light doesn't light up. I assume this is somehow related.

#113 5 years ago

Here's an extract from the Jumping Jack manual that describes how the Special Frequency adjustment should work. (emphasis added)

#114 5 years ago

I have it set to liberal. The lights for extra ball and special alternate correctly. 50/50.

Just not actually getting the reward once all 10 drops fall. Get drop target bonus...no extra ball or special. Also after hitting all drops and they reset...the points for drops stay at 50 instead of going to 500.

#115 5 years ago

If the Drop Target Score Control (G) relay doesn't activate when all 10 drop targets fall, check this circuit.

#116 5 years ago

G relay does not activate. So that is for 500 points per drop. Will check that out this evening. Thanks!

#117 5 years ago

Thanks Howard! Adjusting F relay fixed it! Game now plays fantastic! Chimes came in the mail today so sounds great too! New backglass should be here Tuesday then paint cabinet and new rubbers, clean, wax...

The one and only issue left...match numbers don't seem to be lighting. Now could be all those bulbs are out (not likely) or maybe a setting? Ideas?

#118 5 years ago

Visually inspect then diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires.

#119 5 years ago

I would attach jumper during game over right?

#120 5 years ago

Yes

#121 5 years ago

Got it! It was the back switch on XB relay not closing all the way. Thanks so much for all of your help Howard! You are a great asset to the pinball community!

I even figured out the points plugs in the head and matched the score card to award 3 free games based on what the score card states.

#122 5 years ago

Yeah so it appears I have yet another (albeit minor) issue...Where it shows 1 or 2 players on bottom right of glass...it seems to stay on 1 player until end of game (even a 2 player game) and then at game over seems to at least most of the time light 2 players...where should I be looking?

I am not even sure what the correct functions of the 1 or 2 players light is. Alternating or 1 player or 2 player lit depending on 1 or 2 player game?

I feel like someone at some point in the past just went in and started bending switches any which way just for spite!

#123 5 years ago

This light should come on during a 2 player game and also at game over. Check this switch on the 2nd Player (PB) relay.

#124 5 years ago

It was indeed the back switch on PB! Thank you! Unfortunately I have found another issue...never ending it would seem. The far right 3 drops only intermittently score bonus when ball drains. I spent probably 2 hours trying to adjust the switches (the ones in front of the drops that stay closed when target drops and lights 100. I could get them to work more often than not when playfield was lifted but as soon as I lowered the playfield they would not score the bonus the majority of the time. If I pushed hard the switch together with a wood rod while ball was draining I could get bonus to score on right 3 drops. Problem is if I adjusted them any closer (already way closer than the other drops) the switch would be closed when it should be open. I also just for fun widened the gap far apart like the other drops and no joy. I tried tightening the screws on the stacks the ones near the blades I could get to but not really the other screws away from the blades. I even tried making a sort of u shape for extra tension when closing...no improvement. Am I going about this the wrong way? Oh Hell I just thought of this...could it be a dirty bonus stepper?!

Grrrr...I bet it is the bonus stepper. I once replaced tons of what I thought were faulty light sockets and it was a dirty stepper!

#125 5 years ago

There is probably a rivet for each drop target right? Probably an intermittent connection due to dirt or misalignment? Am I on the right track here?

#126 5 years ago

...never ending it would seem. ... I spent probably 2 hours ... I could get them to work more often than not when ... but as soon as I lowered the playfield they would not score the bonus the majority of the time. ... If I pushed hard the switch together with a wood rod while ... if I adjusted them any closer ... and no joy. ... I even tried ... Am I going about this the wrong way? Oh Hell I just thought of this...could it be ... Grrrr... I bet it is the ...

... Am I going about this the wrong way? ... Grrrr...

Hi Eric,
I sent you a text message.
H.

#127 5 years ago

I got the last 3 drops scoring bonus correctly! It was the runout switch for the bonus stepper (didn't even know there was one until I studied the schematics). It was gapped too wide and was opening before drops 8 to 10 could score bonus (they score last...right before runout switch opens). ENORMOUS thanks to Howard who took the time to teach me about reading schematics earlier today over the phone!!! He helped me narrow it down to the bonus stepper. You have seen me post this before but I think it is finally time to move on to painting, cleaning, waxing, rubbers (the "easy stuff"...lol). My new glass is coming tomorrow (redelivery as I was out of town the 1st time). Thanks again to everyone who has chimed in along the way. I hope this thread helps someone in the future.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-jumping-jack/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.