Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by rolf_martin_062
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

zBig-Brave-Work3 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

Hi! I am trying to bring back a Jumping Jack to the land of the living. My current problem is that when I start a game the Player 1 score reels do not reset. They do not appear to ever be energized during this start up procedure.

When playing they function fine. Player 2 score reels will reset during the start up sequence.

I bought the manual from PBR, but did not buy the schematics as the machine came with some crumbling yellow papers that were taped together. I believe I have 90% of the schematics.

My searching has led me to this page
http://user.xmission.com/~daina/tips/pub/tip0451.html

which makes me thing I should be looking at the P3 switch stack on the player unit. I look at it, but am not sure what the switches should be doing when the unit activates them.

Any ideas on where to look?

Thanks

#2 3 years ago

Hi QuietEarp
look at my JPG - in an BIG BRAVE there is SCM-4A (a Switch on the Score-Motor at position "4") helping to reset. In BIG BRAVE there is SCM-1A also helping. You have about 90% of the schematics - look up and check the daina-sentence about "P3-Switchstack and SCM-1A (is this true ?) / P4-Switchstack and ALSO (is this true ?) SCM-1A" doing the stepping to reset the Score-Drums.

Look here at the bottom: http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/Images/CamPositions-4Player.jpg --- an axis runs from right to left, a shaft, steel-ratched and then the (numbered) Nylon cams.
You stay at the backbox and look at the Player-Unit - You are somewhat "on the right of the picture - looking towards the left".

When the pin is started - then (among lot of other stuff) the Player-Unit will be stepped and stopping at a time AND NOW a notch on Cam-3 does move ALL switches on "Switchstack '3' ". For quite a while the Player-Unit is in this position --- for quite a while the Switches on P3 are moved / stay moved.

Because NONE of the Score-Drums of Player-1 does reset - I believe: the problem is the connecting wire coming from the Score-Motor-Switch to the Switchstack-P3 - to ONE Switchblade (and then hopping as a short wire to all the other switches in this switchstack).
The fault can be on the Switchstack --- but the wire (well) might be broken-off at the Score-Motor-Switch --- but there could be a bad connection on the Jones-Plug (Score-Motor is down in the Cabinet, Player-Unit and Score-Drums are in the Backbox - therefore: There MUST be a Jones-Plug), greetings Rolf

zBig-Brave-Work3 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
1,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington Heights, IL
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 230.00
Tools
PinDoc Restorations
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
BK Pinball
$ 88.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 339.00
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 16.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside