Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG
20160702_141559_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzrfun.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hi guys, pretty new to EM repairs. I bought a 1977 Gottlieb Jet Spin last weekend that wont start. The lights for player 4 are always on, and the game over relay is always energized. When I hit the start button, all score reels reset properly and the lights in the backbox cycle through the player but the 4th player ones stay on the entire time. I've checked the Z1 and Z2 relays, AX and BX realyas, the game over and start relays, all seem to be adjusted correctly, as well as all of the score reel switches. All stepper units have been shined up and Teflon lubed and move freely also.
I don't have a schematic - what else could be causing the game over relay to keep pulling in?

Pic shows how player 4 lights stay on.

Thanks for any help - Don

20160702_141559_(resized).jpg20160702_141559_(resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Any help appreciated....

#4 7 years ago

Thank you, I'll dig through this in detail tomorrow in front of the game.

#8 7 years ago

So now that I know the entire startup sequence, what could typically be causing the game over relay to remain energized? Slam switch is open

2 weeks later
#15 7 years ago

Schematic on the way from Pinball Resource.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzrfun.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-jet-spin-wont-start-game-over-relay-energized?tu=pinzrfun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.