Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG
20160702_141559_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fordtudoor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 7 years ago

Pinzer: I cannot impress upon you enough: Get the wiring schematics. If you are new to repairing pins or new to repairing electromechanical pins (EM's) then you will probably never figure it out unless you have the schematics. I have the 2-player "Super Spin". Here is the chain of events that occur when you plug the machine in and then hit the replay button (with credits showing on the reel). This is a starter for you. Perhaps you can follow and see how far your game makes it in the sequence.

1. Pressing the replay button with replays up will actuate "V" relay (replay button relay). "V" relay locks in thru a motor 2B switch and will actuate "S" relay.
2. "S" relay will lock-in through its own switch and a motor 2B switch.
3. "S" relay starts the motor running.
4. "AX" relay actuates and the "coin" unit subtracts through switches on motor 3C, "S" and "AX" relays and a switch on motor 1A. "Q" relay de-energizes when "AX" relay operates.
5. When "AX" relay actuates, the reset relays "Z1" and "Z2" are energized in sequence by rivets om the "Player " unit, through switches on "AX" relay. (a) Motor 1A steps the "Player" unit, through switches on "AX" relay and "P5B", to the 20th position energizing "Z1". (b) When "Z1" is energized the 1st and 2nd player score units reset to zero through switches on motor 1A, motor 4A and "Z1". When all score units of the 1st and 2nd player are at zero the player unit steps to the 21st position through a normally switch on "Z2" and normally closed switches on all score units of the first two players, actuating "Z2" relay. The 3rd and 4th player score units now reset through switches on motor 1A, motor 4A and "Z2". The player unit continues to its zero position through the closed switches on "Z1", "Z2", "P5B" and motor 1A until "P5B" opens.
6. When "P5B" on the player unit closes, "AX" and "BX" relays reset through motor 4C and switches on "U" and "R" relays. The reset cycles is now complete
7. skip as it covers dropping additional coins in the chute.

If you can get to this point then send me a note and we will cover what happens when you place a ball in the outhole.

#6 7 years ago

I was in a hurry when I wrote the above. Under #5 it should read ...steps to the 21st position through a NORMALLY closed switch on "Z2" and...

Here's the rest after you get the game to reset.

8. Place the ball in the outhole. The ball return switch closes and completes the circuit to "O" relay through the normally closed switches of 15th position "Bonus" unit, motor 1C, motor 2B, "Q" and "AX" relays. "O" relay locks in. Through switches on motor 1A, motor 4C, "BX" and "O" the ball return coil actuates kicking the ball onto the runway.

9. The remaining balls that enter the outhole are kicked across the trough switch which pulls in "P" relay. "P" relay runs the motor. Switches on motor 2C, "P" and motor 1A through switches normally closed on "G", "U" and "BX" relays advances the "player" unit the required number of steps determined by the "player" unit switches and the "coin" unit.

10. The 3-5 ball adjustment changes the number of balls played per game. The third or fifth ball leaving the playfield will trip the "last ball" relay "BX" through switches on "G", "U", rivets on the player unit disc and "O" relay.

#9 7 years ago

As stated previously I have a "Super Spin". I have the schematics for it. I presume much of the wiring is the same. "Q" Game Over relay is fed by three branches, which means any one of them will energize the coil. The wire feeding this coil should be orange/green. One comes from Motor 4C. One comes from a make/break switch on "R" Hold relay. The third comes from a make/break switch on "AX" Reset Completed relay BUTT there is a "Q" switch between this "AX" relay and the "Q" relay. This means that when the "Q" relay is pulsed (pulled in) that this "Q" switch closes and holds the relay in. It will stay that way until the "AX" relay goes into the break condition. SO if the "AX" relay is not being energized then the "Q" relay will stay energized all the time. Take your finger and move the switch stack on "AX" relay and see what that does. It's a starting point. There's a bazillion switches and relays upstream of the three branch lines discussed. That's why you really need the schematics.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fordtudoor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-jet-spin-wont-start-game-over-relay-energized?tu=fordtudoor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.