Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7312 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Gottlieb_Point_Score_Adjustment_A-13871[1] (resized).jpg
IMG_6340 (resized).JPG
#1 4 years ago

Does anyone have a diagram of the replay score adjustment wiring?

Thanks, Ron

IMG_6340 (resized).JPGIMG_6340 (resized).JPG
#2 4 years ago

Replay score adjustment wire colors are at 10G on the schematic

#3 4 years ago

Thanks Howard!
Maybe I'm not being clear, I'm trying to set the reply scores, the wires have number tags on them, I don't have a paper tag to show me where to plug them in.
Here is a tag off one of my other machines (doesn't apply to mine)

Gottlieb_Point_Score_Adjustment_A-13871[1] (resized).jpgGottlieb_Point_Score_Adjustment_A-13871[1] (resized).jpg
#4 4 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Replay score adjustment wire colors are at 10G on the schematic

For example, plug the Blue wire labelled 0 into the socket with a Blue+Black wire to set the replay score to 10,000
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5 4 years ago

Thanks Howard!

4 weeks later
#6 4 years ago

My score card has three high scores for a free game. How does this work with one plug board?

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from redrock:

My score card has three high scores for a free game. How does this work with one plug board?

I'm deducing by looking at a Jet Spin on the 'net and the schems above that you can select scores in increments of 10K only, but you should have multiple '1' and '0' plug wires there to allow you select more than two levels, example 50K, 90K and 130K. I had a Jet Spin long ago but no way am I gonna remember what was back there. Fantastic game too, shoulda kept mine.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from redrock:

Guessing you might be talking about your William's Stardust (rather than a Jet Spin) but that's a guess, and not familiar with the William's system.

In my Gottlieb games there is one plug board (10 positions, 1,000 to 10,000), and a set of 10 pins (10, 0 to 90,000) - you can plug multiple pins into different plugs for score combos, so my present settings on a Duotron (although not what's shown in photo):

53,000 = 50,000 pin into 3,000 plug
67,000 = 60,000 pin into 7,000 plug
75,000 = 70,000 pin into 5,000 plug

I was charmed when I realized this was how replay levels were set (and amused that it forces odd award levels, since you can only have one of each 10,000 place and one of each 1,000 place in the awards, rather than nice round numbers) - game designers were a creative bunch. Having lived with but not paid much attention to these oddball replay levels all my life it was cool realizing there was a reason behind them.

My older Domino has 10 plugs (100s digit), but fewer wires (1000s digit), and several of those have multiple daisy-chained pins so I can have multiple awards at the same 1000s score levels. And many of the 1000s wire markers were missing so I made some guesses and then trial and error'd things.

IMG_7312 (resized).jpgIMG_7312 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-jet-spin-high-score-replay-adjustment-card?hl=howardr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.