Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Wickerman2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hey All - hoping someone with a GTB Jet Spin can chime in and help me out. Can someone provide some measurements of their Jet Spin head, so I can see about getting a donor/replacement?

Background: I have a Jet Spin project, and most of it is in great shape, with one major exception: the Head is completely ruined. It got wet, but miraculously everything else was protected. The internals, backglass, playfield, etc. are all okay. The head is heavily warped and damaged, so it's hard to even measure.

I have a couple of pinsiders offering some donor heads, but some feedback is indicating that the GTB heads can vary depending on number of players (1, 2, or 4). Some good measurements of what a Jet Spin head should be like would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

#2 6 years ago

Sold mine but it is the tallest of the gottlieb multiplayer heads...surf champ for example is shorter. They made 2 or 3 sizes, this is the tall one.

#3 6 years ago

What game heads they offering?

#4 6 years ago

I know my 1977 Gottlieb Cleopatra EM had a taller head than my Surf Champ by far as it had to house 4 extra Relays for the 100,000 lights. Not sure if the SS version was the same height or not but would be a lot easy to find one of those if it did. If worse comes to worse you could always have one made once you have the proper measurements.

#5 6 years ago

i have a JS in storage and can get measurements over the weekend but if you have another gottlieb 4p just measure and compare lightboard size, the diff will be reflected in cab size

#6 6 years ago

Solar City and Big Brave (both 2 player) were offered up as possible donor heads. I have the game in storage at a friend's place, asked him to try and measure it for me. Hoping he can before tomorrow night.

#7 6 years ago

I don't think either of those or any 2p will match...those are surf champ size. If they could cram it in a 2p head they did, you need a 4p like a vulcan or something

#8 6 years ago

Actually, I think you need a 4-player head that has over-the-top scoring (Jet Spin, Jungle Queen, Vulcan, et al.).

I have a spare JS head that I can part with, but I really don't want to bother with shipping it. If interested, feel free to PM me for details.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

Solar City and Big Brave

If you're good at woodworks, take the backbox apart carefully with chisels and
rebuild with 2 new taller sides and front trims....

The height for Jet Spin is 29 7/8" (I measured my Cleopatra EM)

If you can't make them, then find Vulcan, Jungle Queen or Jet Spin.......

Other EMs like Cleopatra, Charlie's Angels, Sinbad, Joker Poker, Close Encounters and Dragon are rare and very very low productions!!!

#10 6 years ago

Naturally I had to go and get something tougher to replace, couldn't be easy or anything haha. I appreciate the info. I don't mind a little woodworking (my original plan was to build my own replacement if I could get all the pertinent measurements), but a donor head would be far easier, and likely cheaper if someone had a spare they didn't need.

So is it just the height that's the issue, and the width is the same as the 2-player heads? Seems like most of my other EMs are around 27 1/2" or so.

#11 6 years ago

I "think" width is the same but height is several inches different than those 2 p heads

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-jet-spin-head-size and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.